• Promotion to Premier League via playoff, but no wage/transfer budget increase?

rking999
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Season 2. Charlton promoted to Premier League via playoff, not budget/wage increase notification.

The budget/wage notification was received a few days prior to the playoff final.

New budget was approved by the board when requested, but players unhappy by then and requested transfers due to inability to meet wage demands with new contracts.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Had the exact same thing happen with Sunderland. My wage budget in the PL is literally 3 times smaller than the team with the second to lowest wage budget. 

Turns out the request to the board for increased budget was granted for next season.  I now have to got through the season with £0 budget and a wage budget of £130K per week in the premier league.  My players asking to leave due to not being able to improve their contracts.  Well done.  2 seasons work completely wasted. 

This bug is game breaking.

I've just had EXACTLY the same thing with Pompey. Feels like a waste of time. My players all want new contracts, which I can't afford to give them, and I've no money to replace any of them anyway.

Asked the chairman for more money, and he kindly confirmed NEXT season's budget would be £21m.

This season's started at £475k with no increase to my wage budget.

Check out those budgets on the right. 

I've just been promoted via the Playoff to the Premier League. The budget was announced before the final, and not adjusted after.

This monumental bug has completely ruined a decent save. 

Screenshot (97).png

• Administrators

As Andrew asked for above, we need save files before the playoff final if we're going to be able to action any issues here. 

Appreciate the further examples, but without the save files themselves there's little we can do at the moment. 

Unfortunately, i only keep 3 save files on rotation and they are all into the next season. I was hoping the issue would correct itself, but alas no. 

I have stopped playing fm22 for now. At least until issues like this are addressed.

If you want to recreate, I would try taking a team into the championship playoffs and see what happens to budgets prior to the final. 

Not sure if it other variables such as 2nd season or a league one side would be a factor.

Had this issue as well, I've upload a file before the playoff final and before the budget is set.
    The upload is called "Matt Norman - Plymouth Playoffs Pre-Final.fm".
    I have some earlier saves as well if needed/helpful?

Happened to me too :( if you need a save file will be happy to provide, won playoff final with luton town 2nd season in and received my budgets for season on the day before playoff final, didn’t receive any tv money or anything for the win

same problem here, promoted through the playoffs but the budget inthe premier league was only 800k. This was set before the final and not changed afterwards ive uploaded the save, kyle channing - Cardiff before playoff ,  if anything can be done.

On 02/01/2022 at 14:39, Tomeaton99 said:

Happened to me too :( if you need a save file will be happy to provide, won playoff final with luton town 2nd season in and received my budgets for season on the day before playoff final, didn’t receive any tv money or anything for the win

Have uploaded mine as seen some others did so thought i would try to help :) is called 'Luton before final.fm'

• Administrators

Thank you all for those additional saves - we have a potential solution ready, it just needs tested. Appreciate your continued patience so far, it hopefully won't be long until these changes are implemented.

Happened to me too... Is there any solution yet? its a disgrace to have an issue like that for months, an issue that only appears after the player spends 20-40 hours to finally get to the "big table" and instead of enjoying a breather, feeling they want to uninstall the whole game altogether. Fix the game, we pay good money for it every year.