• Players getting injured during match tactics & match preview sessions?

properdisco
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Match tactics & match previews have no warning of being even a mild injury risk, yet injuries seem to frequently fall on the days before a match where I schedule these and nothing physical. They'll be fine with endurance training and whatever else during the week and then someone will collapse with knee tendonitis while sat in front of a projector going over videos of the opposition and talking tactics. Surely a bug?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Is there any explanation for this? Not only is it weird that it's happening at all, but now I've noticed it seems to apply to a good 80% of my injuries. Not buying that it's luck. 'Match tactics' has an injury count that obviously physical sessions such as endurance/match practice don't come close to. I thought training and the intensity of the individual sessions was supposed to matter? Very frustrating and not even from a "too many injuries" perspective either. I'm not bothered about the quantity, it's that they're happening on days with no physical sessions and the severity of most of them. I wouldn't even mind if last minute "injured during the warm up" type injuries were introduced, as long as they make sense, which these injuries crucially do not.

If 'match tactics'/'match preview' do have considerable injury risk, that needs to be specified in the training centre. If not, there is a bug with 'day before game' injuries.

• SI Staff

Hey @properdisco it is something we would need to investigate further. Do you have any save games where a player has gotten injured during training and these were the only sessions they took part in? Our QA team can then look to investigate this a bit further.

Hi,

Summary: A player has been injured after match with recovery & match tactics training schedules for 5 weeks. This is an edited player with Injury Prone to 1 with schedules (recovery & match tactics) which does not contain any injury risk. Dated 3rd September 2023.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by fc.cadoni

Another example, within the same save and few weeks later. A player (Juan) has been received an injury during Recovery. His injury is "Lifting Weights". Dated 22 Oct. 2023.

spacer.png

Training in that date was Recovery & Match Tactics

spacer.png

Player Injury Prone is 1

injury_3.png.7b2399cdc6c3c7ed48c3de5eaca

Rest Bar is like:

Screenshot_3.png.852f54b4345e184a74a9e7b

So, players after the match does not doing any pitch or gym work or being in half intensity. It's pretty odd my 3rd case has been received "lifting weights" during Recovery (!), despite being set up is "No Pitch or Gym Work".

Another case. Injured during Recovery & Match Tactics with no Injury Risk sessions, being trained at half or no pitch - gym work (after match). This time: Twisting Sharply

1.png.bbc18e592d06a454258c8f6f781fa613.p

2.png.499beb387e02a682869d98bab91625dc.p

3.png.814dd09b7c85c343ef27338de1d43fa7.p

Thanks for the screenshots, I was too lazy. This definitely backs up the evidence of this being a big bug. (One that was present during FM21 believe, as I was playing that again last night and noticed it there too) Next time I notice it I will try remember to provide a save

Edited by properdisco

19 minutes ago, properdisco said:

Thanks for the screenshots, I was too lazy. This definitely backs up the evidence of this being a big bug. (One that was present during FM21 believe, as I was playing that again last night and noticed it there too) Next time I notice it I will try remember to provide a save

Definitely. Save & Screenshots. Developer must not be aware of the issue; so that's the best method. 

• Administrators

Apologies for the delayed response (due to the festive period) but there should be enough here to warrant an investigation - I'll pass this over to our testing team. :)