• No money received for championship play off final win

Tomeaton99
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I won the championship play-off final with Luton and did not receive any money at all - no prize money/tv money for it - board set inital budgets for the next season on the day of the final before the game played and it was set at 500k transfer budget and less wage budget than i had in the championship year prior.  bank balance before game was around 2m and was still around 2m after the game. i forwarded a couple weeks in game but still no money

• Steps To Reproduce:
      win championship play off

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

To add on, there was no trophy celebration at the end, I also replayed it and lost and received more money then when I won. another bug was when I lost at the team talk after the game I was allowed to respond ‘congratulations! We’re going up!’ Even though we lost

• SI Staff

There are a number of issues here and a lot to unpack.

Firstly, to the best of my knowledge, there is no money for winning the play-offs. Winning the play-offs guarantees you the best part of at least £200m (more than £300m if you survive a season in the PL) but that is in future revenues. The Premier League TV deal, potential parachute payments and so on.

If a team goes back up during their parachute payment period then there is a dividend issued to the teams in the EFL so by avoiding going up you could be in receipt of this but again if you're getting promoted I don't believe you get this benefit. 

The general TV deal for the Championship will cover the play-off final, the last figures I saw suggested it would be around £100,000 - £140,000 per televised game for the home team, £10,000 for the away team. How this works with the play-off final however, I don't know myself.

In the Premier League part of the distribution of its TV deal is as prize money for places, I do not believe the EFL operates in the same manner. If you have any sources you can share that do show otherwise it would be great to see these, but it all seems very much to be future money and nothing in particular for winning the play-off final itself.

The board typically does revisit the club vision and can change budgets later on, usually after the processing of the promotions/relegations have taken place.

-----

The presentation aspect would be a gameplay issue - if you can provide us with a save game file we can take a look into this further. A guide on how to upload this is available here: How to upload files to us - Instructions and Notes - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

10 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

There are a number of issues here and a lot to unpack.

Firstly, to the best of my knowledge, there is no money for winning the play-offs. Winning the play-offs guarantees you the best part of at least £200m (more than £300m if you survive a season in the PL) but that is in future revenues. The Premier League TV deal, potential parachute payments and so on.

If a team goes back up during their parachute payment period then there is a dividend issued to the teams in the EFL so by avoiding going up you could be in receipt of this but again if you're getting promoted I don't believe you get this benefit. 

The general TV deal for the Championship will cover the play-off final, the last figures I saw suggested it would be around £100,000 - £140,000 per televised game for the home team, £10,000 for the away team. How this works with the play-off final however, I don't know myself.

In the Premier League part of the distribution of its TV deal is as prize money for places, I do not believe the EFL operates in the same manner. If you have any sources you can share that do show otherwise it would be great to see these, but it all seems very much to be future money and nothing in particular for winning the play-off final itself.

The board typically does revisit the club vision and can change budgets later on, usually after the processing of the promotions/relegations have taken place.

-----

The presentation aspect would be a gameplay issue - if you can provide us with a save game file we can take a look into this further. A guide on how to upload this is available here: How to upload files to us - Instructions and Notes - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

Hello,

the issue is I won the play offs but didn’t receive any of the TV money, therefore I was going into my first season in the premier league with 190k wage budget and around 90k transfer budget, on previous years after winning playoffs I would see an influx of cash and that be represented in my budgets. As of right now it’s impossible to survive and even keep any playing staff as they all want improved contracts.

have uploaded file - ‘luton before final.fm’

Hi there,

I've had the exact same issue as @Tomeaton99, promoted via playoffs with Derby but receiving the same budget I would have received if I'd have stayed in the Championship.

The club has £18m in the bank with a projection of £80m+ by the end of the season so it isn't a finance issue. 

With the promotion wage rises and new contracts required for my current squad it's impossible to even retain the squad that got promotion and I'm also unable to keep many of my staff too. 

I played through for a bit and my wage bill would be the lowest in the premier league by nearly £20m annually.

20 minutes ago, united4treble123 said:

Hi there,

I've had the exact same issue as @Tomeaton99, promoted via playoffs with Derby but receiving the same budget I would have received if I'd have stayed in the Championship.

The club has £18m in the bank with a projection of £80m+ by the end of the season so it isn't a finance issue. 

With the promotion wage rises and new contracts required for my current squad it's impossible to even retain the squad that got promotion and I'm also unable to keep many of my staff too. 

I played through for a bit and my wage bill would be the lowest in the premier league by nearly £20m annually.

I believe after winning the championship tv money alone should send you way beyond just 18m in the bank, might be wrong though - I think it’s mainly a tv money issue for the game

• Administrators

Appreciate the further comments, rest assured I believe the Dev team have enough to come up with a resolution for this and it hopefully won't be long before the changes are implemented. Thank you for your patience so far. :)