• Swedish Cup Euro II spot

KFF
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Winning the Swedish Cup does not give a qualifying spot in the Euro II Cup, instead it seems like that spot goes to Hammarby IF which won the Swedish Cup in 2021 irl but obviously not in game.

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Win Swedish Cup only to see your chance to play in europe go to Hammarby

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

The swedish cup itself is not active in the first season by design, and so Hammarby will be assigned that spot by design also. We appreciate you flagging this with us and we hope we have answered any questions.

2 hours ago, Abdullah Patel said:

The swedish cup itself is not active in the first season by design, and so Hammarby will be assigned that spot by design also. We appreciate you flagging this with us and we hope we have answered any questions.

Hi Abdullah! 

Thanks for the replies on this.

How do you mean that this is by design? As you confirmed the Cup was in the beta and it was a known issue that the winner did not get the expected qualifying spot. Surely the correct way to adress that issue would be to keep the Cup active in the first season but make sure that the winner gets the european spot?

The Swedish Cup has been active of the first season in all the recent FM games over the past years, unsure as what the motivation would be to deactivate it in this years version. 

Just started a new save on version 22.3 and again there is an issue with the European spots. As I started in the 2022 season, the first three European Spots should be decided by 2021 tables (Malmö to CL, AIK and Djurgården to ECL) and the fourth place should be open and decided by the 2022 Swedish Cup. In my save, Elfsborg won the cup and therefore the teams the last place goes to them. 

In my save as Djurgården however there is no ECL for us, that spot has for some reason gone to Hammarby instead (Along with european spots for Malmö,AIK and Elfsborg as expected. 

Very disappointed with how this is working in game still and how poorly its been handled by SI in the forums. 

I have uploaded save file Viktor Mercil - Djurgårdens IF.fm to Owncloud if you are interested in looking into this

@Abdullah Patel