• New U21 squads don't fully function in Scotland

Jamsque
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

If you play as a team in Scotland that doesn't have an U21 squad, and later gain one via board request, it does not fully work. The 'Under 21s' menus show up in the development centre and it is possible to hire U21 staff, but the option to assign players to the squad does not appear in the player right-click menu, and automatically scheduling friendlies via staff responsibilities does not work.

I have found four other open issues reporting this, they are posted in different areas and some are from the beta, but they all report playing Scottish teams, adding an U21 squad, and not being able to assign players to it:

I have also recently had all of the staff from my U21 team get shifted to my U18 team without me doing anything, I don't know exactly when it happened but it wasn't like that at the beginning of the current season at least. I have uploaded my save to OwnCloud.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have uploaded a file with this issue. File name is SI Forums u21 squad issue - Edinburgh City.fm

My board gave me a u21 squad upon request after my first season but I have not been able to appoint staff to it or move any players to it at any time.

On 11/01/2022 at 12:11, NUFC_Thanet said:

I have uploaded a file with this issue. File name is SI Forums u21 squad issue - Edinburgh City.fm

My board gave me a u21 squad upon request after my first season but I have not been able to appoint staff to it or move any players to it at any time.

The U21 team having no functionality isn't a bug as such, as you shouldn't be able to do anything with it, unless you're managing a Premiership side in the Challenge Cup (SPFL Trust Trophy), as that's the squads only function. It's a holding squad page for that competition. That's why they suddenly appear early August, as Premiership teams don't have U21 teams irl, so it's the games way of representing them in that competition.

In previous years, it was setup in FM for the Reserve side to take part in it the competition, with age limits in place, but now we have no reserve teams currently, so ideally it would be good if it was setup for Celtic/Rangers B to take part (as its not very user-friendly that they get an U21 team thrust upon them, as well as B & 18s) and the Premiership U18s, this time with an overage limit in place. 

It's not a very good implementation the now and it annoys us too, especially if the player doesn't know and hasn't been told, why the side has appeared.

If you're being asked or if you're able to request an U21 team from the board, then that itself is a bug, as again, Scottish teams don't carry one.

Edited by Giro