• Can't move players into U21 Squad

Conoalie
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

*Asked to report here, previous post: https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/570_all-other-gameplay/cant-move-players-into-u21-squad-r6966/?tab=comments#comment-42517

I have just got a job at Dunfermline Athletic in the cinch Championship. Whilst familiarising myself with the squad I've found that I have an U21, an U18, a senior squad and access to the "Fife Elite Squad" which appears to be another U18 Squad (they are part of the Scottish U18 League).

I seem to be able to move players from senior to U18 and back again. I seem to be able to move players to the Fife Elite Squad and I seem to be able to make players available to play for U18, U21 and Fife Elite, but I can't seem to move players into my U21 Squad.

I'm new to FM so there is every chance I'm missing something but it does feel like there is something wrong.

Since posting this originally I've started a new save (as I didn't want to risk progressing in a save that seemed to be wonky). Started as Dunfermline. In this new save I have a senior squad and U18 squad but no U21 squad. There is also no mention of the Fife Elite anywhere. Safe to assume that the AI requested an U21 squad during my previous save while I was managing elsewhere I guess? I have no clue where the Fife Elite come into things.

The U18 squad has a load of 15 year olds in it which I of course can't interact with. I can make my senior squad available to play in the U18 squad but I can't move them into the U18 for some reason. I progressed a bit and signed a 22 year old player that for some reason landed in my U18 squad upon signing. I was able to move them into my senior squad but can't move them back to the U18 squad. It all seems really strange which is why I think its broken, if its working as intended it's not at all intuitive.

Dunf U18 Squad.JPG

Dunf Senior Squad.JPG

Dunf Move Options.JPG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Was there any progress with this issue? I don't know if its the same issue but I'm experiencing something similar with an East Fife FC save now. I have an U18s squad which I can make players available for but I cannot move players into the U18s

Don't know if things like this are being looked into now with FM23 on the horizon but just in case....

I've started a different save to the one mentioned above, I'm now managing East Fife FC. I have a U18, U21 & Senior squad. I can move players between U18 and Senior but can't move players into U21. I can make players available for U21 games. When I sign players they land in my U21, no mater what age they are, and I have to move them into my U18s or Senior squads.

My U21s are playing in tournament as well but I still can't put players in the squad so I'm having to just make my senior team available for it, bit of a nuisance. 

This issue isn't fix for FM23 ! saw the same thing with league two teams. Can't place adverts for U18 team, can't renew contracts, can't  move players from senior or reserve team to U18