• French squad number restrictions not being enforced on AI teams

youngs15
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

In French football, squad numbers #1, #16, #30, #40 and #50 can only be assigned to goalkeepers. Goalkeepers can only be assigned #1, #16, #30, #40 and #50. Source: https://www.balls.ie/football/mario-balotelli-nice-jersey-squad-number-rule-345995

However, this isn't being enforced on AI teams in the game. See uploaded save file where I've holidayed 5 years into the future (to allow for more instances where the AI assigns squad numbers) and have Ligue 1 as a playable league. You'll see 14 instances of outfield players wearing #16, 8 instances of outfield players wearing #30 and 15 instances of a goalkeeper wearing an illegal number.

Granted that Messi getting special dispensation to wear #30 has muddied things slightly.

However, the rules ARE enforced on players. See screenshots where I can only give goalkeeper Kevin Ousmane #16, #40 and #50 (#1 and #30 are taken), and I can give Jack Hendry any available number apart from #16, #40 and #50.

squad number france 1.png

squad number france 2.png

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Difficult for me to ascertain at which point the AI assigns and confirms squad numbers

User Feedback

Recommended Comments