• Champions League Group Stage Ranking

R0ADK1LL
    • Public Status: Resolved Need More Examples: No

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if this is a bug.

The competition rules state that teams should be ranked by points then by goal difference. Atletico Madrid & Dinamo each have a win & 3 draws, but Dinamo has a higher goal difference. Based on this, I think Dinamo should be in 2nd place on the table.

Dinamo also have higher total goals scored, but lower away goals scored. It could be possible that the game is ranking them on away goals, even though this is further down the list.

2552590_groupplacing.jpg.489db8d0a7e3926525668ace31d8b8c8.jpgrules.thumb.jpg.08e21b625b4cb9d7d23f24b5843bd58f.jpg

• Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud:
      Dinamo.fm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It's points then head-2-head. If Dinamo won 1-0 but the other match Atletico won 2-0 then it's ranked correctly, if they have the same h-2-h record then it's most likely caused by the 'Away goals scored in all group matches' rule that is incorrectly (bug) used to rank h-2-h matches in game.

• SI Staff

Appreciate the further example, and really sorry to see it's prevented you progressing through to the knockouts. We'll do everything we can to release a fix asap. 

I know this has now been registered as a known issue and is being investigated, but here's another example if you need it. I was thankfully unaffected, but AI Atletico Madrid will be pissed :D

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 21.47.07.png

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 21.47.25.png