• Multiple Yellow Card Accumulation

Chris_FM
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

I've played past the yellow card cut-off, but I've still got the 'Yel' warning icon showing? Thank you for any help.

Dias (and others) show as being one yellow away from a ban.

image.png.9cb513b9f6d5f76a62e777d2d267dfbc.png

As also shown here for the Premier League.

image.png.4e714b369c209c1416de295260059aed.png

Just to evidence, this is for 5 yellows (he has 4) and not because he has accumulated 10 by this stage.

image.png.08649ea2acfbac5af932753c90ea9df8.png

As per the Premier League rules, this resets after 19 matches are played. As per real life, this is for the TEAM, not the individual.

image.png.7d631b8e1b6dafe4bd2e8d28832a9c75.png

And as seen here, my team has played 21 (as has the rest of the league), yet the warning icon is still shown.

image.png.6e2673c56f384307847479bf0b500cf4.png

I have tested it and Dias DOES get banned if he gets another yellow - it's not just an incorrect icon.

Why is this happening please?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey @Chris_FM thanks for raising this one. Looking at the history of Dias he's only played 16 games, I wonder if this is why its counting it this way. Our QA team will take a look into this further and see if we can understand what has happened here.

12 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

Hey @Chris_FM thanks for raising this one. Looking at the history of Dias he's only played 16 games, I wonder if this is why its counting it this way. Our QA team will take a look into this further and see if we can understand what has happened here.

Hi Michael. Thanks for the reply. That may be why (due to rotation, I haven't got far enough into the season yet to have an example)... but that would definitely be incorrect. 

See here from the Premier League website (Who is suspended or close to a ban? (premierleague.com))... "Any player earning five bookings from THEIR SIDE'S first 19 Premier League matches, will serve a one-match ban in the same competition."

Look forward to hearing more - thanks!

20 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Hi Michael,

Another player, Laporte, has now hit 19 games and the warning icon has disappeared... although weirdly, it still seems to think he's one yellow away from a ban. Just to be clear - if this is the issue, this would be a bug vs real life rules.

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.21acae8c6c5a956e60cd4c79954707b0.png

Edited by Chris_FM

• SI Staff

Gives us some extra context to work with so thanks for that, it will help QA investigating further. They will be able to assess if it is the UI giving the wrong information, or if the rules are being applied incorrectly.

Just leaving this here to show this also applies past 19 games. I'm sure I'll soon see if a 5th yellow after 19 games gets a ban or not and will update. image.thumb.png.4ba363b5a9b2eb01ebc4d0a74b897dbf.png

On 12/01/2022 at 20:43, Michael Sant said:

Gives us some extra context to work with so thanks for that, it will help QA investigating further. They will be able to assess if it is the UI giving the wrong information, or if the rules are being applied incorrectly.

Hi @Michael Sant. Laporte didn't get another yellow, but the fact the YEL icon disappears, I'm assuming it's unlikely he'd get a booking ban after his 19th game. 

However, this does still leave the issue that the game is working off the player's game total, rather than the clubs.

I think I posted the rules from the Premier League site above, but further confirmation today - Lucas Digne got booked for Aston Villa having left Everton. Villa are past the 19th game, so no ban for Digne - but he would have been banned had he been playing for Everton, due to them not having reached that point yet... showing it's about the team, not the player.

Thanks for your help!

I can confirm I'm experiencing the same bugs, my player is getting banned after 5 yellow cards even though we've played 21 games

image.thumb.png.66f2e1443964d17041427565a5f89982.png

image.thumb.png.4a4f854526bac81537e2a63be696798a.png

Several other players are having the same "Yel" warning as well. 

I've got the same issue. Two of my players just received their 5th yellow card of the season in the teams 21st game and now they are suspended for the next game.