• A-League Squad Registration

Ewan Me
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

In my A-League save (started in July), most clubs have released a large number of players on 19/10, the last date to register players. I was also forced to release 6 players on this date to make squad registration rules, but some of the AI clubs have released the majority of their players, including their best. However, only some of my youth players on non-youth contracts were forced out of the club, while others stayed - can't tell what made the difference between players. I also don't know exactly what led to the AI releasing so many players. 

I think part of the problem might be to do with youth players in game not starting the game on Scholarship Contracts, but obviously this does not explain it for all youth players. 

• Steps To Reproduce:
      1. Load A-League
      2. Progress to end of first transfer window

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey @Ewan Me do you have a save game available from just before this date at all as this would make it easier to investigate and we can see what has happened with your squad a bit more clearly.

A guide on how to upload files is available here:

Yep this has been an issue in FM forever, 

I don't complain though it means I get the best players for free.

Just look at the released players at the end of each transfer windows, especially the first one.

10 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Hey @Ewan Me do you have a save game available from just before this date at all as this would make it easier to investigate and we can see what has happened with your squad a bit more clearly.

A guide on how to upload files is available here:

Unfortunately not, I didn't notice for over a full month until the league started and I played one of the really badly affected teams. Autosave has overwritten it, best I can do is the initial save file from day 1

2 minutes ago, Tamata14 said:

Yep this has been an issue in FM forever, 

I don't complain though it means I get the best players for free.

Just look at the released players at the end of each transfer windows, especially the first one.

I know sometimes AI makes odd choices for registering players in A-League, but I haven't seen it like this before. WSW, Sydney FC, and 2 or 3 others released almost their entire first team squad each. 

13 hours ago, Ewan Me said:

I know sometimes AI makes odd choices for registering players in A-League, but I haven't seen it like this before. WSW, Sydney FC, and 2 or 3 others released almost their entire first team squad each. 

Its happened a few times in the past. Hopefully it gets sorted. Wish we didn't have a salary cap hahaha