• WIN + Arrows. Problematic resizing for full screen

StormenDK
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I play the game in full screen mode.

If I accidentally press WIN + arrow key, it will resize the game screen. But since it is in fulls creen mode, I cannot make it back to full screen, and the bottom part of the screen disappears, so I can risk ending in a situation where I can't exit or save the game. So I will have to kill it via the Task Manager :/

image.thumb.png.553ca60f9f17f8685eb1f960177580b8.png

Here you can see that I have no tool bar at the top, and I can't exit the Preferences screen, as the buttons are hidden.

I hope there is a way you can disable those Windows commands when in full screen mode, so this doesn't happen, and I end up losing progress because I can't exit normally.

Since I use multiple virtual windows desktops, it is a common mistake to make (pressing WIN + arrow, instead of CTRL + WIN + arrow).

• Steps To Reproduce:
      - Start game in full screen mode.
      - Press WIN + one of the arrow keys.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey @StormenDKsorry to hear you've encountered this issue. Is it still occurring? If so, can you let me know what zoom level and resolution you have your game set to? 

Does anything alter as you change the scaling settings on your preferences there? Are you able to change the game back into a windowed mode via the settings and then to full screen?

Hey Michael,

I can sometimes fix it, IF I manage to get into the Preferences screen, though I have to use TAB key to get to the bottom hidden buttons. Then I can switch to windowed mode, and then back afterwards. But it is still annoying to do, and it doesn't always seem to work.

I run it in fullscreen 3440 x 1440 resolution, and 100% scaling.

• Administrators

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. UI is our busiest sub-forum, so we can't always respond to issues as quick as we'd like.

Could you confirm whether this is still an issue that's present after the latest update?

If so, we'll get it moved across to our main forums, and have the UI team look at it as quick as they can. 

Thank you again for taking the time to flag this.