• The game won't launch

deadlessdead
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I've downloaded the game, and when I click play, it does running but nothing happens, and then it stops running (the play button clickable again). Please help, I'm so hyped to play FM22 Beta but this problem really tone down the hype :(

I can't upload the DxDiag.txt it says upload error :/

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

I'm sorry you've had this happen @deadlessdead understandably you're going to be disappointed. Thanks for taking the time to upload your dxdiag as well, our QA team will be around during daytime UK hours and will of course start looking into this with you then. 

• Administrators

Can you try going to the install location, and double clicking fm.exe and let me know if you see any error messages? 

• Administrators

We notice you have multiple hard drives - which drive exactly is the game installed on? Is it the same drive as Steam is installed? And is this the same drive as Windows? 

Please let us know the locations. 

In the meantime as well, have you tried reading and following all the instructions from our FAQ here? - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4409232848145-I-ve-encountered-a-crash-dump-nothing-happening-or-an-error-message-when-launching-the-game

Let us know how you get on and please update us when you can. Thanks. 

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

The game is installed on drive D and Steam on drive C, Windows is on drive C.

I have read the FAQ, the error doesn't give me an error message.

1. There's no Football Manager 2022 folder in my Sport Interactive folder, is it because the game never launched?

2. My graphic card driver is fully up to date.

3. I think I don't have any programs that cause issues with FM or Steam.

4. I have no Antivirus, just Windows Security.

• Administrators

Okay we'd very much recommend trying to install the game on the same hard drive as what Steam is installed on to see whether or not this is the cause. 

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

• Administrators

Apologies, have just realised we've been giving you the run-around a bit. We found out earlier today that users using older AMD Phenom(tm) II processors are having issues launching the game. 

It's an issue we are investigating and very sorry I missed that before asking you to reinstall. When we have any further information we'll update, but unlikely now to be until some point next week.

• Administrators
    5 minutes ago, deadlessdead said:

It's okay, I'm glad you could help me! I hope I got some good news later, cheers.

Don't want to set false expectations, it's unlikely we'll have any progress on this until next week at the earliest, as will need to source the same system in-house to diagnose the issue before we can start fixing it. Our aim will be to do so as soon as possible. Just wanted to be clear. 

16 hours ago, Lucas said:

Hi @deadlessdead, please see the following for your issue: 

Let us know how you get on, thanks.

It's working! Thank you Lucas and SI Teams, I'm so thrilled that I am able to play FM22 Beta, you guys are the best!