• Can't launch the game (NOT the AMD processor issue)

serenity7
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Bought the game on Steam.

When I try and launch the game, nothing happens.

Did read about the amd issue and even tried the public test build despite having a intel processor, nothing happens.

Some other advice was to use "-small_screen -windowed" as a launch option, tried it and nothing happens.

Uninstalled/Installed and verified multiple times.

Added my dxdiag.txt if that can be of any help.

DxDiag.txt

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have gone through that list and still nothing.

1. Drivers are up to date as of today

2. No apps running that should cause issues with fm or steam

3. Use windows10 firewall/anti virus

4. Since the game have never actually launched, no folders have been created yet.

When I try and launch the game and steam says it's running, sometimes fm2022 shows up in the task manager under "background processes" (uses 6.7/6.8mb. 0% on cpu/disk) and sometimes it doesn't show up at all. Steam still says the game is running so I have to close steam and force-close fm that way.

I don't have any similiar issues with other steam games, including past versions of FM.

• Administrators
    3 minutes ago, serenity7 said:

When I try and launch the game and steam says it's running, sometimes fm2022 shows up in the task manager under "background processes" (uses 6.7/6.8mb. 0% on cpu/disk) and sometimes it doesn't show up at all. Steam still says the game is running so I have to close steam and force-close fm that way.

I don't have any similiar issues with other steam games, including past versions of FM.

In this case I would do a complete uninstall (you can find these instructions in the link above): 

• Remove game from Steam
    • Delete Cache and Preferences folders
    • Delete your Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2022 folder.

When you've done that, do these steps in this order:

• Reinstall graphics cards drivers
    • Install any pending Windows Updates
    • Shut down your PC, and let it completely power off for 5 seconds. 
    • Then switch it back on
    • Reinstall the game. 

If all of that fails, please send us your Belarc: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4409225992209-How-to-find-my-Belarc-file#text

• Administrators
    55 minutes ago, serenity7 said:

Sorry I edited my post when i realized the file attachment is public, creating a support ticket and providing it there instead :P

I've received this through Sega support now. 

It looks like you have Avast and Malwarebytes running so can you please follow this information here: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4409230548497-How-to-make-sure-that-an-Anti-Virus-Program-isn-t-interfering-with-Epic-Steam-or-FM-#text

• Administrators

That may well be the case, but avast can often interfere with games via Steam even when they've never done so before. As we've instructed in the FAQ above, to be 100% sure, we would recommend uninstalling avast (make sure Windows Defender is active when doing so). Once it is removed, uninstall and reinstall FM and try the game again.

If from that point on the game is working, you can reinstall avast.

We ask to uninstall rather than add exceptions/disable due to the fact in the past we've often seen occasions when the program interferes even when someone has done either of those things. 

This is the only way to completely rule out this being the cause and at this stage, given the information you've provided is the most likely reason behind the game failing to launch. 

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

That may well be the case, but avast can often interfere with games via Steam even when they've never done so before. As we've instructed in the FAQ above, to be 100% sure, we would recommend uninstalling avast (make sure Windows Defender is active when doing so). Once it is removed, uninstall and reinstall FM and try the game again.

If from that point on the game is working, you can reinstall avast.

We ask to uninstall rather than add exceptions/disable due to the fact in the past we've often seen occasions when the program interferes even when someone has done either of those things. 

This is the only way to completely rule out this being the cause and at this stage, given the information you've provided is the most likely reason behind the game failing to launch. 

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Avast is uninstalled, since 2 years back. I have no idea why it would show up in my Belarc as installed. The reason I did uninstall Avast was just that, it did interfere with some games.
    Windows Defender is what I use.

• Administrators
    1 hour ago, serenity7 said:

Avast is uninstalled, since 2 years back. I have no idea why it would show up in my Belarc as installed. The reason I did uninstall Avast was just that, it did interfere with some games.

It appears in your Belarc though which indicates it is still installed and some services are still running on your machine in the background. 

Can you check Add/Remove Programs and Program Files (Program Files (x86)) for any traces of Avast and Malwarebytes. 

Failing that, re-running the Belarc report and sending to us and we can take a second look. Thanks.

• Administrators
    3 minutes ago, serenity7 said:

Uninstalled Malwarebytes

No instance of Avast could be found (folders/files/services etc)

New Belarc

Hidden for privacy, taking a look now.

• Administrators
    3 hours ago, serenity7 said:

There is a Windows security update that is pending you should install. 

Other than that I can only suggest reinstalling the following: 

VS Redistributable:

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Try this, and let me know how you get on. Unfortunately the only other option I can see is a Windows 10 reinstall. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

There is a Windows security update that is pending you should install. 

Other than that I can only suggest reinstalling the following: 

VS Redistributable:

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Try this, and let me know how you get on. Unfortunately the only other option I can see is a Windows 10 reinstall. 

Sadly still the same :(
    I'll wait for the final release and se if that makes any difference for now.
    Thanks for all the help!

9 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

In all honesty we'd be surprised if the full release makes any difference. As avast is still showing up on your Belarc and we think this could be the cause, may be worth using their uninstalling to make sure it's definitely removed, as shown here - https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/avast_was_uninstalled_but_still_running.html

That removed Avast from showing up in the Belarc but sadly didn't change anything else...
    It did however made me google for a similar remover for Comodo Internet Security (had that installed ~2years ago aswell) and after that it works!!!
    Amazing help, thanks alot Neil and Lucas!

Edited by serenity7