• New stadium can't be build (due to board) and the existing one can't be extended

Marbah
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hello,

I'm playing as Rapid Bucharest and i'm in 2035. At the start of the save the club is set to move to new stadium (in real life as well) 

Since then I've won multiple titles and got some European action going with one EL under my belt, however I ran into a wall when it comes to the board. The stadium was extended once to 19k. However since then over 10 years have passed and I can't expand my stadium. I've requested multiple times a new stadium and the board always refused because 'we don't want to leave our home'. I have ~600milion in the bank and 300mil in transfer funds. I want a freaking new stadium and I should be able to get one or expand the current one. I have the best attendance in the league with 97-98% capacity every game.

Surely this is some thing hardcoded for the board to refuse new relocations, but at least give me the option to expand. Depressing stuff for my save.

I've uploaded a saved when I asked for the expansion and have the refusal in the inbox. Save name: stadium issue rapid bucuresti.fm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey @Marbah there is a cooling off period of sorts between new stadia being built (after around 20 years the request option becomes visible again and after 25 years its more likely to be considered) - depending on the exact situation with the new ground it may have unfortunately maxed out at 19,000 with no further space to increase capacity which while small is just the way it can be for some grounds. It wouldn't be a bug at this time that you're unable to request a new stadium and its just misfortune about the capacity limit (and possibly may warrant discussing in the data issues section if you feel the new ground they're moving to would not have this limitation).

On 03/01/2022 at 00:02, Michael Sant said:

Hey @Marbah there is a cooling off period of sorts between new stadia being built (after around 20 years the request option becomes visible again and after 25 years its more likely to be considered) - depending on the exact situation with the new ground it may have unfortunately maxed out at 19,000 with no further space to increase capacity which while small is just the way it can be for some grounds. It wouldn't be a bug at this time that you're unable to request a new stadium and its just misfortune about the capacity limit (and possibly may warrant discussing in the data issues section if you feel the new ground they're moving to would not have this limitation).

Hey @Michael Sant

I'm currently in 2043 in my save. I got a new board after a takeover two years prior. This board and the old board keep refusing to build a new stadium. I'm still stuck in my 19k stadium. I've won like 2 CL in the last few years plus some finals lost. I have like over 1 billion in finances. 

Is there any chance that you can look at my save file and see if it's something wrong with my game file/board ... maybe a bug or something because it doesn't make any sense to me.

The initial stadium I moved into was in 2021.

Had similar problem. With Velez Mostar in B&H. We had a 7000 seater stadium and we were selling out almost every game and I asked the board to build a new stadium and I said "why build a new stadium if you can expand this one?" So, requested the expansion and they agreed but at the end of the season they canceled it. This happened five seasons in a row. Like above, we had almost 100 mil in the bank so it wasn't the money.  got frustrated and changed it in the editor because it feels like a bug.

On 24/03/2022 at 01:42, Michael Sant said:

Were there any reasons provided by the board as to why it wasn't expanded @McBride? Thanks for coming back to us @Marbah we'll take a look into this further.

It was an outside source, like the town or city.

I have a similar problem.

Stadium was expanded in last couple of seasons, but don't get the option to ask for further expansion (which is probably accurate since it's Hibs / Easter Rd), but I've asked board 3 times for new stadium and they always refuse because "we believe our ambitions for the club can be realised without leaving our current home'. They also say to stop wasting their time with this request, but it's a reasonable and logical request.

20220327092919_1.thumb.jpg.87f748b6f391fc08b8403b9e43fc3027.jpg

We are very much selling out every match. Stadium was built more than 100 years ago.

Is there a cooling off period between stadium expansion and approval for a new stadium? That would obviously make sense, but they should have agreed to build a new stadium in the first place, which they didn't.

I appreciate that changes were made in the winter update, but this whole stadium thing is really problematic. I know that you want stadium approvals to be realistic, but it's not at the moment.

Save loaded: Hibernian National no new stadium.fm

If you want a save from before the new stadium request, Hibernian National CL.fm was from very shortly before, I think.

• SI Staff

You can have an unambitious owner. Lower ambition and resource ratings (not the clubs cash on hand) can see owners refuse to sanction an investment in infrastructure. QA will take a look into it further, but based on the output you're getting @vikeologist I wouldn't be surprised if its just a bad luck situation with your owner and it may well be different when someone else comes in.