• Cannot Appoint a New Assistant Manager

leeatreides
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

After getting Southport to the Premier League, my assistant manager was poached by another club. After this happened, I was told that I'm not allowed to get a new assistant manager. This doesn't make sense and is very annoying.

306218066_5413150472099712_2728739780611644208_n.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am having a similar difficulty. Trying a new save with Braintree, I have to reduce the number of coaching staff from five to four. I duly terminated the contracts of the assman (who is completely useless) and the fitness coach, thus, in fact, reducing the staff to three coaches. However, I'm now not allowed to appoint a replacement for the assman without sacking one of the two remaining coaches! This is ridiculous and has caused a great deal of wasted time and considerable annoyance!

If I had just sacked the assman at the start and had found a replacement, could I have then sacked the fitness coach?  I'll try that, but even if it works it's really only a bodge up. Why arent these sorts of things checked out?

Unfortunately I don't. Can I send the file after the sacking to you so you can see it? I have uploaded it. The file name is Lee Hughes - Southport2.fm

Edited by leeatreides

Neither, unfortunately, do I.  However, I notice that although the instruction on the training screen says that the board wants to see the number of coaches reduced from five to four it also indicates that Braintree has 4/2 coaching staff (manager assistant, goalkeeping, fitness or general coaches).  This suggests that it only wants to see one coach other than the manager and assistant, although it appears to be happy if a Head Performance Analyst and a Head of Youth Development are appointed as it says that each of these is 0/1 and, presumably if they double up as coaches that's ok?  Or is it?  The position is most confusing!!

• Administrators

We'll take a look at that file anyway Lee, thank you!

I can't say for sure Rupal as we've yet to get it to reproduce, but I'll update further once we have a clearer answer.