• Analytical team data - event types does not show as "selected" after temporarily filtering to 0 results

BullDozzer
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Eventtypes has a rule that they should appear as "disabled" when there are 0 of them, which makes sense. The problem is that once there are results again, the button becomes enabled, but not highlighted.

1. Go to a finished match and open the analytical tool and select the Teams section
    2. Select any type of event. I'm going to pick "Pass - Intercepted"
      image.png.ec34203e2f63f3552721a09f0d75fc19.png
      The list/button appears as highlighted, and we see the events on the map.
    3. Now modify the filters so that you get 0 of the selected events, in my case, 0 "Pass - Intercepted". There's lots of ways to get 0 results, switch team/side in the top of the map, change the time filter, pitch area, direction, length. To get a sure-fire way to get 0 results, I'll click the "all" pitch area button to de-select all pitch areas (since I do not have any other pitch area selected).

On a separate but related issue, it seems inconsistent to me that deselecting all directions shows any direction (makes sense, no filter is applied, so all show), deselecting all lengths shows any lengths (makes sense, no filter is applied so all show), while deselecting all "Pitch Area" shows nothing at all.

image.png.3de0f8cf3a81acc1805f4fb719904f9b.png
      As expected, there are no events to show, all the event types in the left side list appears as disabled (not clickable).
    4. Now modify the filters to get results again. In my case, I'll click the "All" pitch areas to get back all intercepted passes.
      image.png.dcc91e16ba759a49da744f8598ab31bc.png
      The list shows the correct number, the map shows the events again, the listing appears as enabled (clickable) again, but not highlighted.
    5. Click the active event type again, in an attempt to hide that event type. Instead the listing becomes highlighted again.
      image.png.ea4caa7203f64ac84fd786f012f74d89.png
    6. Clicking it again will actually hide the events.

If you close the tool (click ok or watch a highlight) when you are at the state where the events are showing but the button is not highlighted as in step 4, when you get back, the button is highlighted again.

The behavior does not seem to be the same in the Players section of Analytical Data.

• Steps To Reproduce:
      See main post

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I found a related weirdness related to highlighting selected event types in the teams section of Analytical Data:

1. Let's show intercepted passes.
      image.png.4928c0c31b1f4090f1e336958fa802b8.png
      Note the highlighting of the button. Black background, gray box around the number.
    2. Let's leave the tool and come back. Either by watching a highlight, or by clicking ok and opening the tool again.
    3. Re-expand the passes section.
    4. Whatever event type you had selected previously is now highlighted, which is what we want, but now the box around the number is also highlighted in the color that the data is shown in the map with. In the case of interepted passes, orange.
      image.png.b0ae22fe8d4864d64401cd17885ec1bd.png
    5. Click the "Pass - Intercepted" button to hide all intercepted passes again.
    6. Now the button is no longer highlighted, but the box around the numbers remain highlighted in orange. Even if we enable other eventtypes, the one you selected previously remains in color, while the actual active ones are only black with gray numbers.
      image.png.281fb1b61eb7cbd17439e98e328bd501.png
    7. Change the filters to get 0 results for the event type that is highlighted in color. Easiest way is to click the "All" pitch areas to disable it.
    8. The button is now disabled like the other ones. And modifying the filters to get results again will enable without the color. The button is now back to original behaviour.
      image.png.50c72ab09fcfd4bc6259f596c43ebfa0.png

Since I can assume that the expected behavior is to show the colors, I guess the problem can be summarized as;
    Event types are not highlighted with colors when clicked. Event types does not have their color removed when clicked.

I can also clarify that this is the default Football Manager skin in 22.1.1 version of the game.
    image.png.fa8ad7cc9d91dae5f1e95a7f61d85208.png
    image.png.df456033ce08f39656e8178a5b3479e4.png