• No Individual Player Feedback From The Dugout

jdmk88
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Watching a real game of football, you will have some idea of what a player is doing right/wrong. If there are misplaced passes, if a player is losing possession regularly etc.

In football manager however, unless you're watching the entire game, there is zero feedback.

All you get from the dugout is tactical advice for the opposition (e.g. close down a player to stop him from crossing) or the occasional 'I think we should focus on set pieces because we've been doing it in training'. You get no feedback on specific player performance. 

I recall on previous FM's, you'd be told if someone was "misplacing too many passes today", "losing possession", "tackling poorly" etc. You could then change the directness of that players passing, ask him to take fewer risks, tackle easier, run with the ball less etc.

On FM22 you get no feedback whatsoever...

See the below screenshot as an example. I'm 0-0 against Porto, 38 minutes, my Inverted Left Winger is on a 6.3 and I have no feedback as to why?

How am I supposed to make tactical changes to improve his performance if I don't know what he's doing wrong?

1070741603_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.2add9291c17cbe26d3d44c1adc1d3930.png

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Play any game

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

4 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Does this appear reappear on the default skin? 

Yep, same outcome on the default skin, every game. I've only seen the following recommendations in the dugout (not word for word)...

I recommend playing for set pieces...
    We need to close down **** as he's getting is some dangerous crosses
    I recommend asking **** to man-mark ****
    We need to tight mark ****, he's getting too much space
    Substitution recommendations
    Information on the opposition playing wider/narrower or more attacking/defensive

The dugout seems to pick up on opposition instructions and the odd  team instruction but never gives feedback for a specific player.

On a side note (probably more of a feature request), it would be great to see 'failed dribbles' as well as dribbles. I think one of the main reasons wingers receive low ratings is because they lose possession. The 'lost possession' stat is hidden away in the analytics and you can only view this at half time, however there's no way of knowing how a player has lost possession (through failed dribble, poor pass, poor first touch etc.)