• [MATCH ENGINE 22.2.0.0] USELESS INSIDE FORWARDS and INVERTED WINGERS - Please help

gergo fmstories
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

HI, 

the title says it pretty much. 
    Inside forwards and Inverted Wingers do pretty much nothing in the game.
    It's so annoying it even made me wrote a little poem:

"Brother If you have Inside Forwards
    better forget about them, cos
    They don't score,
    they don't attack the goal, 
    they don't dribble,
    they definietly don't cut inside, 
    they don't shoot
    They don't assist. 
    God they are useless"

It's a pretty bad poem but I think you get the point. 

And I'm talking about the best of the best in the game. It absolutely doesn't matter who plays the role, they will act like a badly coached u'18 championship winger: drift to the endline, turn, and play a reverse pass since they have a weaker foot to cross.

In fact we were pretty patient with this thing:

We hoped it will be fixed in the full release - no progress.
    then we hoped it will be fixed in the minor fix - not happened, no progress.
    Then we hoped it will be fixed with a major update - not happened, and sincerely no progress.

So Dear SI, 
    Please respect us with an answer: can we except it to be fixed BEFORE the XMAS holiday break, so we can all see our wonderkids cutting inside'n' curl it the bottom corner - peacefully around the globe to end this hard-year-of-hard-work with some  joy - 

or should we simply just forget it, gave up, lay down, cry and choose some other activities to do, because honestly ATM its so frustration it hurts to play the game. 

We understand that  it's covid and its hard to get things done but it worked before and it was joy. 

Thanks,
    Gergo
    on behalf of quite a few frustrated players I guess

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

5 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

We've got this under investigation, thank you for raising it. :) 

It's been a problem since the beta and you are still investigating it? lol

Genuinely appreciate this response and the transparency around it.  Thank you.

let’s hope that once it is sorted a minor update could be released before the last major update end of feb.

hace 2 horas, Kyle Brown dijo:

I'm afraid so, we've had it in our database for a while but it's still not where we'd like it to be. 

I appreciate on the surface it sounds easy: 'just make IW cut inside more' but with any change to the ME there is always the danger of knock on effects that will be worse than the original. It's far more tricky to test the ME than say a Gameplay bug, for example.

I can't sit here and tell you that's acceptable, I am genuinely sorry there are still issues with IW/IF, but we do genuinely have a team working as many hours as they can trying to make improvements, and as soon as it's ready we'll release a fix to the public.

Glad to hear that you are aware that there is an issue with how infrequently IF / IW cut and dribble inside and that you are still working on fixing it.

I appreciate this message, we do not ask for an immediate solution or that you give us deadlines, but it is reassuring that we are ever informed that they are working on fixing this, if the developers are optimistic about finding a solution, if progress is being made. .. Some communication is always appreciated.

Personally, I don't care about February, March or April, what I want is to see Vinicius, Salah or Mbappe frequenly cutting and dribbling inside on FM 22 and know that SI Games is going to fix it, it takes more or less weeks.

Thanks Kyle ;)

11 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

I'm afraid so, we've had it in our database for a while but it's still not where we'd like it to be. 

I appreciate on the surface it sounds easy: 'just make IW cut inside more' but with any change to the ME there is always the danger of knock on effects that will be worse than the original. It's far more tricky to test the ME than say a Gameplay bug, for example.

I can't sit here and tell you that's acceptable, I am genuinely sorry there are still issues with IW/IF, but we do genuinely have a team working as many hours as they can trying to make improvements, and as soon as it's ready we'll release a fix to the public.

Finialiy someone just gave us honest answer

Really appreciate it, it just got me optimistic and look forward to the fix in the next patch 

On 16/12/2021 at 11:51, Kyle Brown said:

Appreciate you honest answer. 
    We all love this game and absolutely respect your massive work.

But let me say that

after I bought FM22 and played a good amount of time with it, I had to go back to fm21  only bc of the ME. It feels more realistic, I see more realistic football there, more enjoyable etc. But I'm missing  the Data Hub,  the updated database and all the other cool stuff you've been working on and what makes me excited ... 

I guess it 's not that simple  but it would be SO NICE  to be able to actually choose the ME version in the start  of the save just like a we can with the database's  even at the cost of missing some new functions like  new roles such as wide centre backs and so on.

I think the more "advanced" users would be happy to even pay some extra for such a function, and also it wound be a nice little step toward a future subscription model ... 

best, 
    Gergő

On 16/12/2021 at 10:51, Kyle Brown said:

You guys have a patch cycle, usually December and then March, so will you actually release the fix when it's ready or are you just going to wait until March like every year?

22 小时前, TheArsenal63说:

You guys have a patch cycle, usually December and then March, so will you actually release the fix when it's ready or are you just going to wait until March like every year?

They're on holiday

i didn't use a winger so far in FM22, but the fact that Salah was never good in the saves i've tried so far (this guy is one of the best player in the world today), nor any dominant players in the league came from the wings, i'm agree with this, something is not right. most of highlights i see from teams with winger, they never do the cutting inside from before the penalty box like Robben or Coutinho did, where they would do a one two to get inside the box or simply just kick to the corner of the goal. all they did was runing straight diagonally to the penalty box or run straight until the end line, stop and pass to the back or to the middle.

5 hours ago, kertiek said:

when is the lack of dribbling going to be addressed? winter patch did nothing about this problem

I see my IF constantly cutting inside WITH the ball after 22.4 ME

45 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

I see my IF constantly cutting inside WITH the ball after 22.4 ME

share your tactifc to test it on a versus mode with psg, if messi neymar and mbappe start cutting inside and actually dribbling leaving defenders behind ill stop posting about it.

Edited by kertiek

3 hours ago, kertiek said:

share your tactifc to test it on a versus mode with psg, if messi neymar and mbappe start cutting inside and actually dribbling leaving defenders behind ill stop posting about it.

I am not the one which gonna post a preset gegenpress 433 DM Wide tactic with little tweaks. I can’t see your evidence that IF does not cut inside WITH the ball in 22.4. Can you prove it? Yes or no? If no, stop spreading rumours and misleading people. Enough.

@fc.cadoni sure sure ... "keep the fully working tactic" as u wish .. for me its easier to add you to the ignore list since u refuse to show proof of a working tactic with IF/IW actually dribbling and winning 1v1s consistently. good luck

i dont have to convince you of anything .. there is other users that share my opinion about the non existant dribbling issue

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/564_match-engine-ai-and-tactics/match-engine-22200-forwards-do-not-go-towards-the-goal-r3959/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-41637

Edited by kertiek

7 hours ago, kertiek said:

@fc.cadoni sure sure ... "keep the fully working tactic" as u wish .. for me its easier to add you to the ignore list since u refuse to show proof of a working tactic with IF/IW actually dribbling and winning 1v1s consistently. good luck

i dont have to convince you of anything .. there is other users that share my opinion about the non existant dribbling issue

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/564_match-engine-ai-and-tactics/match-engine-22200-forwards-do-not-go-towards-the-goal-r3959/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-41637

You claim here that something is not working. Can you prove it to developer? Not in me kertiek. Don't hide from other user experience. 

hace 52 minutos, fc.cadoni dijo:

You claim here that something is not working. Can you prove it to developer? Not in me kertiek. Don't hide from other user experience. 

I don't understand your aggressiveness with kertiek. It is legitimate that there are gamers who are not happy with the way IF/IW works. I don't think anyone try to hurt SI, but if we are in March and we continue to see Mbappé, Vinicius or Neymar in 1vs1 situations abusing the pass or dribble outside and rarely dribbling towards the box to shoot, we can say it and I don't think that's a reason to be offended.

It is not obligation to provide images or pkm, the mods say that it is something useful but there is no obligation to comment. We are not judges to require other users to show us a complaint, in which case that should be done by a mod, not you or me.

Here he provides images and pkm where it is seen how the dribbles continue to be made towards outside (10 of 11). Is that what you asked for, right? But you have not appeared there attacking him for not providing images or pkm.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/564_match-engine-ai-and-tactics/match-engine-22200-forwards-do-not-go-towards-the-goal-r3959/page/2/#comments

Perhaps it would be more useful you provide that same graph of a match where 10 of 11 dribbles are inside instead of accusing Kertiek of not providing evidence that he has provided. I think it would help a lot to show whether it is a bug that persists or is a tactical problem of some gamers that we don't know how to make our IF/IW dribble inside. I wish it was the second option, I would be the first to celebrate it and correct my mistake to finally enjoy FM22

16' min: Demostenes scoring goal, cutting and dribbling toward the GK. 1-0

Demostenes is back-up IWB, but injury crisis in Brazil is something usual; had to play him IF in AMR.

31' min: Antonio Jose scoring goal, cutting and dribbling toward the GK. 2-0

Antonio Jose is youth IWB, same selection as Demostenes; injury crisis hit me hard so I had to play him as IF in AML.

====

demostenes.thumb.png.14699d8326fc0255bde2f1124286edc1.png

jose.thumb.png.f4d5077f3cb12d066cad0fd70fd4a740.png

====

If those two players can cut inside with the ball; I am pretty sure Messi can. 

FLU v FOR.pkm

hace 30 minutos, fc.cadoni dijo:

16' min: Demostenes scoring goal, cutting and dribbling toward the GK. 1-0

Demostenes is back-up IWB, but injury crisis in Brazil is something usual; had to play him IF in AMR.

31' min: Antonio Jose scoring goal, cutting and dribbling toward the GK. 2-0

Antonio Jose is youth IWB, same selection as Demostenes; injury crisis hit me hard so I had to play him as IF in AML.

====

demostenes.thumb.png.14699d8326fc0255bde2f1124286edc1.png

jose.thumb.png.f4d5077f3cb12d066cad0fd70fd4a740.png

====

If those two players can cut inside with the ball; I am pretty sure Messi can. 

FLU v FOR.pkm

I've seen the two goals you mention and there's no dribble. There are two passes into space and the striker scores in the hand to hand against the goalkeeper.

The IF cut inside without ball, something they already did before winter update.

What he doesn't do is run with the ball, dribble to a defender and shoot at goal.

Three matches that show the problem.

Most of the dribbles are to the outside.

Off ball they make good moves, cut inside and look for goal but with the ball I still see a marked tendency to pass or run outside, very rarely try the dribble to enter the box and shoot.

FM22DRIB.png

FM22DRIBBLES2.png

FM22DRIB3.png

At Baleares - Real MadridDRIBBLES.pkm Sevilla FC - Real MadridDRIBBLES.pkm Villarreal CF - Real MadridDRIBBLES.pkm

OK guys- I am sure that the developers have more than enough examples of the reported issues, so lets just leave it now please.

After 5 months not touch i'm back to play with latest patch, I'm not happy at the level that i have to register to forums 

After read through forum Why many SI Mod gyus so aggressive to customers.

Frazt you are one from not many that calm this down with good choice of words communicate with customer :)

On 05/03/2022 at 18:14, FrazT said:

OK guys- I am sure that the developers have more than enough examples of the reported issues, so lets just leave it now please.

I can confirmed once IF/IW bugs is not fixed  just return to play again previous week 

IF/IW (Lehmar/Mbappe)  alway hug the line then pass back to LB while they have open space to dribble inside 

HOPE 23 will be more  polish

Edited by CMFMLOL