• Issue with Possession

manan_pt
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I just can't get possession. Average possession of 45% in my Liverpool first season 6 matches.

1522438999_Screenshot(8).png.ea6f5660a9a570406cfee5143a797470.png

This is the example.

1657024641_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.e1d6603096529cd0fc6293faa55b4341.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey @manan_pt a lot of different factors go into your tactics and whether your team is set-up for high possession or not. I would advise you share your tactic and discuss it with others in the tactics section on site and people can help you move towards a playstyle you might want to be deploying instead. Here is a link: Tactics, Training & Strategies Discussion - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

That could help better provide a platform for any subsequent investigation as there will be people on the forums who can advise if its well out of the ordinary for your set-up to be scoring these low possession levels.

1 hour ago, Michael Sant said:

Hey @manan_pt a lot of different factors go into your tactics and whether your team is set-up for high possession or not. I would advise you share your tactic and discuss it with others in the tactics section on site and people can help you move towards a playstyle you might want to be deploying instead. Here is a link: Tactics, Training & Strategies Discussion - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

That could help better provide a platform for any subsequent investigation as there will be people on the forums who can advise if its well out of the ordinary for your set-up to be scoring these low possession levels.

No it’s a bug, there is a whole discussion going on in the forum about it, and your colleagues have confirmed it a bug. Nothing tactical. 

In my saves AI teams like Barcelona, juventus, man United are always bottom of the table for possession. 

Edited by Ramz289

• SI Staff

There is a bug about weaker teams having a high possession yes. I'm not denying that is an issue for a moment. But in regards to your specific team not having possession, that isn't immediately a bug and we do have to operate on the information you provide to us. If you notice, I updated this to Need More Info because I also wouldn't just look to pass it off as the issue we know about without more details.

The problem isnt only the weaker teams. It’s true that teams with a defensive mentality are always passing the ball through the center backs. It can happen in real life, but why is that not the case in real life ?? Because the stronger team presses the opponent’s team and they can’t continue passing into each other for minutes like in FM22!! That’s the real problem in fm this year!!! And it is caused mostly by the Striker. He doesn’t press as it should !!! Always on the opponents DM and not in the CBs. The wingers should press higher too, when you put the pressing bar as high as possible. 

Please look at this problem correctly… 

It’s ruining the game…

Yep - one of the top three or four bugs… along with near post corners overpowered, and inside forwards way underpowered in goal-scoring.

Somehow i always top the possession table with Ajax at around 60% avg pos. I also dominate the weaker teams with 60-65 percent possession 🤷🏻‍♂️ But indeed I see the lesser teams of the league come in at the top-5 of this table easily. Also with outreagous passing and pass completion numbers.

For a moment i just thought fm went back in time to the versions were possession based tactics were always the low tempo ones, especially since i have no troubles with my forwards pressing the opponents backline.

But after reading the forum i guess it’s a bigger problem yeah

Seems likely to me that SI is in a bit of a pickle as it comes to fixing this issue because they have to maintain some balance so that fixing this issue will not disrupt other facets of the engine

Edited by Kevinho7

On 24/11/2021 at 10:48, Michael Sant said:

There is a bug about weaker teams having a high possession yes. I'm not denying that is an issue for a moment. But in regards to your specific team not having possession, that isn't immediately a bug and we do have to operate on the information you provide to us. If you notice, I updated this to Need More Info because I also wouldn't just look to pass it off as the issue we know about without more details.

Please put some thought into this. You state "there is a bug about weaker teams having high possession"...

He is playing as Liverpool therefore the majority of teams he plays are 'weaker teams'.

• SI Staff

We welcome posts for all of the issues you experience. Feel free to create a thread and provide pkm's, or save games where relevant, and it will give our QA team more to investigate. It doesn't matter if it does seem similar to an issue already known because when it comes to the Match Engine there can be multiple causes for a similar output. 

10 hours ago, jdmk88 said:

Please put some thought into this.

I don't quite understand what you're advocating for here. There's two situations - either a) I mark it down as a known issue without any further thought which would be a bit disingenuous at this stage or b) I provide information so that the original poster can give us resources to work with and time to further expand upon their concerns.

5 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

I don't quite understand what you're advocating for here. There's two situations - either a) I mark it down as a known issue without any further thought which would be a bit disingenuous at this stage or b) I provide information so that the original poster can give us resources to work with and time to further expand upon their concerns.

The original fix for this issue was that the OP go to the tactics forum. I guess I'm just a little bit annoyed at the lack of ownership when it comes to clear and obvious issues with the game. The initial screenshot from the OP shows a clear issue with this game. Has a team had 63% possession and lost 6-0 in the history of football?

I think a lot of players would appreciate some transparency with regards to this possession bug as it's preventing a lot of us from playing. This bug was brought up in the Beta stage, it was acknowledged and nothing has been implemented. It would be nice to be given a timeframe for the fix because it's one of those bugs that really prevents you from getting into the game once you've noticed it. 

• Administrators

Completely get where you're coming from jdmk, the whole aim of the Beta stage is to spot last minute issues and have them resolved for release. It isn't always possible given the complexity of certain issues and unfortunately this one falls under that bracket - a fix for this could have had continuous knock on effects that would've caused more harm than good. We couldn't take any chances with something quick.

However, myself nor any staff are at liberty to discuss publicly when an update will be released I'm afraid. I realise that's frustrating, if I could tell you the exact date and time you're going to notice this bug being resolved I absolutely would. But by releasing that information to the public I'd be putting unnecessary pressure on the Dev team, and if there were any last minute setbacks then I'd be upsetting the community even further if we couldn't stick to the timeframe.  

I'm am genuinely really sorry but for now I can only thank everyone so far for their patience so far, and ask that they hold out just a little longer.

Thank you Kyle for your honesty, I do understand that giving an eta for a fix is not possible. However I would like to know if SI ever thought about not releasing the game until this is fixed, because let's get real here. Football manager is about simulating football matches as realistic as possible and I feel that fm22 is a step backwards in this aspect, bigtime. This is not only shown by issues raised here based on stats but also when you just watch a match on full. Seeing defenders passing the ball between them and the goalkeeper over and over again, and seeing opposition players doing absolutely nothing about it (press) despite them being told to do so. I don't want to go to deep here because I don't have the stats to back this up but from my experience, how much % of the goals shown on extended highlights start with a throw in, set piece etc? Rarely you see a goal from open play, eg. defenders trying to play their way out of defence, get pressed, loose the ball and get punished for example.

Tbh I really feel hard done by SI this year, like this game is only released with some 'headline' features to get sales in from casual players. Please don't forget about the core of this game (simulating football matches).

To add on this, before there will be replies like please add a pkm or safe etc so we can evaluate... This issue should be known by SI by now, there have been plenty of examples with uploads provided. There should be no need for the community to raise even more evidence.

I almost get the feeling SI does not play/test their own game, because if they did, there would be no need for more examples. Just fire up a safe, watch the game on full, check the stats after and it's pretty obvious things are not right.

On 26/11/2021 at 16:22, jdmk88 said:

I guess I'm just a little bit annoyed at the lack of ownership when it comes to clear and obvious issues with the game. 

This

On 03/12/2021 at 10:44, Kyle Brown said:

Completely get where you're coming from jdmk, the whole aim of the Beta stage is to spot last minute issues and have them resolved for release. It isn't always possible given the complexity of certain issues and unfortunately this one falls under that bracket - a fix for this could have had continuous knock on effects that would've caused more harm than good. We couldn't take any chances with something quick.

However, myself nor any staff are at liberty to discuss publicly when an update will be released I'm afraid. I realise that's frustrating, if I could tell you the exact date and time you're going to notice this bug being resolved I absolutely would. But by releasing that information to the public I'd be putting unnecessary pressure on the Dev team, and if there were any last minute setbacks then I'd be upsetting the community even further if we couldn't stick to the timeframe.  

I'm am genuinely really sorry but for now I can only thank everyone so far for their patience so far, and ask that they hold out just a little longer.

Appreciate the honest response and I look forward to seeing these updates in the newly released patch.

• Administrators

The issue has been addressed within the latest version of the game released yesterday (22.2). If you still feel there are issues relating to this, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks.

How is this marked as “resolved” ? 

The problem still absolutely exists. It’s March now, so I guess it won’t be fixed in this years version, can you confirm? 

On 24/11/2021 at 20:50, Bernardo Araújo said:

The problem isnt only the weaker teams. It’s true that teams with a defensive mentality are always passing the ball through the center backs. It can happen in real life, but why is that not the case in real life ?? Because the stronger team presses the opponent’s team and they can’t continue passing into each other for minutes like in FM22!! That’s the real problem in fm this year!!! And it is caused mostly by the Striker. He doesn’t press as it should !!! Always on the opponents DM and not in the CBs. The wingers should press higher too, when you put the pressing bar as high as possible. 

still facing this issue. 

Em 24/11/2021 em 07:18, Ramz289 disse:

No it’s a bug, there is a whole discussion going on in the forum about it, and your colleagues have confirmed it a bug. Nothing tactical. 

In my saves AI teams like Barcelona, juventus, man United are always bottom of the table for possession. 

Unfortunately this bug persists in Fm 23