• INVERTED WINGER DOES NOT CUT TOWARDS THE CENTRE BUT ALWAYS CROSSES IN

Sparacello
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

One of the main problems, which I also raised with Nic Madden, where he told me to post all the examples, is the outside striker or inverted winger...

I will post several examples where you can analyse them to fix this for the official release.

I have noticed that wing players NEVER cut towards the centre, but only have two options:

- They go to the back and cross
    - They turn around and pass it to a team-mate

This is a big problem that needs to be solved, because it compromises playability.

MIN 26.26:  Insigne instead of going to cross at the back, he should block and cut inside using his strong foot, the right, instead he goes to the back and cross.

Now I can understand if it happens once or twice, but here it always happens

Immagine1.jpg

Spezia - Napoli.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

MIN 39.18: 

Insigne, a player I know very well, in this situation would never go to the back and cross, but would cut towards the centre.

Inverted Winger or Outside Striker MUST cut towards the middle

This movement is done by full-backs or a pure winger.

Immagine2.jpg

Young Boys - Napoli.pkm

Immagine3.jpg

Edited by Sparacello

The second image is explained here...Always Young Boys - Napoli

11.44: Insigne, who almost always uses his right foot, why is he going to the back to cross if he is an Inverted Winger?

The outside forward or inverted winger almost always, when he has free space on his strong foot, goes back and chooses various solutions:

-Advances after dribbling
    -Crossing with the right foot

56.15: Insigne invece di tagliare verso l'area di rigore, va inspiegabilmente verso il limite del campo

11.23: Another movement I don't understand about Politano, he has the space to go towards the goal and instead he goes towards the back to cross or pass, why?

Immagine4.jpg

Salernitana - Napoli.pkm

Edited by Sparacello

Min 08.54: Ounas should be cutting inside, but instead he prefers to wait for the opponent and go and cross.

Min 30.06: Insigne is supposed to cut towards the middle, but instead he passes the ball to Zielinski.
    It wouldn't be wrong with the movement, but Insigne forced to shoot more, dribble more, so he would have a chance to develop his characteristic

Sampdoria - Napoli.pkm

Edited by Sparacello

Min 20.17: Ebuehi receives the ball and would have two options....
    1 - Stop and wait for the team-mate to come towards the area and pass him the ball
    2- Cut or point to the opponent towards the penalty area, where the defender could also risk to take the penalty.

Instead, for no logical reason, he runs towards the back to cross the ball

Immagineaaa.jpg

Venezia - Napoli.pkm

Edited by Sparacello

On 07/11/2021 at 17:54, Sparacello said:

Min 89.45: Asensio should be heading for goal but instead the usual thing happens

Immagine2.jpg

Napoli - Real Madrid.pkm

Have you tried playing on lower mentalities? Inverted wingers cut inside much more frequently on lower mentalities in fm21. On higher mentalities they dribble in straight lines but they actually do tricks and behave much more intelligent on lower.

8 hours ago, Mitja said:

Have you tried playing on lower mentalities? Inverted wingers cut inside much more frequently on lower mentalities in fm21. On higher mentalities they dribble in straight lines but they actually do tricks and behave much more intelligent on lower.

Interesting.. any idea why this would be the case? One would assume that higher individual mentalities (assigned to players due to a higher team mentality i.e. positive, attacking) would encourage this type of behaviour more?

4 hours ago, Sparacello said:

Hi Mitja, I don't understand what you mean.

What I meant is that in fm21  there was similar problem with IWs or IFs not cutting inside regularly on higher mentalities (positive, att., very att.)

On lower mentalities they cut in more frequently and do it far better.

Then I asked you have you tried playing on lower mentalities to see does it change anything since most people here use positive mentality from what I've seen.

1 hour ago, jc577 said:

Interesting.. any idea why this would be the case? One would assume that higher individual mentalities (assigned to players due to a higher team mentality i.e. positive, attacking) would encourage this type of behaviour more?

Only devs know it for sure but to me it looks like on higher mentalities they play far too urgently. As I said on lower mentality they will use dribbling skills more intelligently you see them cut inside regularly, doing tricks, holding up ball after dribble instead of running with ball in straight line usually down the flank and then running into defender or crossing the ball with weaker foot for another corner.

I guess that's what mentality is about urgency and risk. 

Mentality seems to play a role, but the fact remains as well as "playing by the wings" instructions but I am cutting the crosses on the player instructions (Cross less!) and those IF and IW keep dispatching stupid crosses instead of attacking the area either with a pass or running with the ball... how come no one at SI noticed this? Is anyone from the match game programmers really liking and understanding a bit of modern day football? the issue is superbad and mentioned in almost all the internet platforms discussing the new game