• Attacking headers are always at goal, and never as a pass

Pezamaria
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I'd be interested to hear if it's just my game, but every attacking header (as in a header from the attacking team in or just outside the area) is always directed at goal and never to any team mates.

A lot of the time the header would be too far out or too tight an angle to go in, and a header to a team mate would be a better option but I've never seen them do it.

SI: would it be helpful to upload a save? Or would you need me to save X amount of match files where I've noticed this? Let me know and I'll pull some bits together if needed.

I'm 16 games in to season 2 on my save so that's about 60 competitive matches played and I watch on comprehensive highlights.

It's not the end of the world at all, but it would be great if this could be tweaked in the match engine if it is a bug.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I second this. I'm always hopefuly for knockdowns, but it seems as if once a player is within the box, they'll always look to take a header on as a shot, even if it would be easier to knock it down for a teammate. It dramatically decreases the effectiveness of target forwards.

Only one example in this one so not sure if it's helpful, and doesn't exactly show it happens a lot..........but for clarity my point is that every time there's a header in the box it always is an attempt on goal. So it's not me saying there's too many - it's that they are never a pass :)

This one is in the 53rd minute

53rd minute.pkm

Do you need me to highlight each time an example comes up in a match? Or can you view all headers in the box (For example) with ease?

There were a few in this one and I only noted two I'm afraid. 64th and 92nd min (both the same player btw, so maybe just him this time)

6492min.pkm

Couple of good examples. I chose situations where cross comes to inside of the box but in such position its better drop it than try to force it to goal direction. To be honest I don't want the header drops to be too accurate either because I don't want crosses to be main source of goals because that's not realistic either

65:08 Chance to drop deep cross ball to a penalty spot for a completely free player
    86:38 Chance to drop byline cross ball to a penalty spot for a completely free player

ME22.3.0.0 Header pass options inside the box 1.pkm

Edited by Pasonen