• Youngsters asking/accepting OUTRAGEOUS contracts

lcdly0
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: Save Game

Save with Brighton (2026), just managed to win the Prem (barely) and won two Champions League (2025 and 2026). I'm trying to get this youngster from Brazil (17 yrs). He will not budge - asking for 'Important player'. My team is world-class. OR at least players developed well beyond this future (future!) youngster. Is that normal? Is it supposed to be this way? I feel that this is either a bug or intentional to create bratty, self-entitled youngsters that I'm sure managers have to deal with in real life. Well, this has happened a couple of times sporadically - usually disappears (lowers his ask to regular starter) after several months (around half a season). But even a regular starter is way too much!

Also, there were a couple of other youngsters accepting bids from other teams with worse contracts saying that they felt that particular team would be able to fulfill the playing time they wanted. That feels strange because I'm Brighton, renowned for developing youngsters (like Borussia, Monaco, and Anderlecht), but these kids are going to some big teams that never play them and they don't complain. Mind you, in this save, my Brighton has a Worldwide reputation due to my wins in the Champions League - so I don't think it's a reputation problem. And in terms of wages and bonuses - I offered this kid $2 million/year and he went to Arsenal for $70k/year. How is that possible? 

By the way, love the game guys! FM 23 hooked me, and now I'm an FM fanatic! Love your work!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm in the 3rd year with Villa, just bid 1.4m on a Nigerian full back earning £100 a week, 4.5 potential but no where near first team level yet. As a breakthouh prospect, this is the contract he is demanding. Seems very excessive...

image.thumb.png.083e70adab7c206e0b6aa1aa6d0b9711.png

Save file uploaded - Aston Villa - high wage demand

Edited by HowzatFM

Exactly the same problem is at my save with LFC. Youngsters  demanding enormous high wages for  Breakthrough Prospect/  Future Prospect/ Youngster -Playing Time contracts.

20231116144259_1.thumb.jpg.57dbcd88b6a10f887b5de4eccaa2c8c0.jpg

20231116143654_1.jpg

20231116144222_1.jpg

20231116144427_1.jpg

20231116144509_1.jpg