• ESC Issue - FM23 SAVE

Gary James
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Gary James - ESC Player Issue Files Uploaded: Save Game

I read earlier this year that ESC rules could not be added to FM23 games porting over to FM24 as it was hard coded into the league rules.

Recently when players I attemt to sign fail their Work Permit it comes up saying that they are not eligible for an ESC Work Permit.

I believe this line has been added on a recent update but my question is have ESC rules been applied to FM23 saves but just not working correctly or has the message been added for FM24 saves forgetting that it shouldn't appear on FM23 saves?
    Either way there seems to be an issue as  the message appears every time now and I have never successfully signed an ESC player.

image.thumb.png.0376b787a4415261f224427eabd13776.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hi, it's still the case that FM23 transferred saves do not have the ESC rules added as it was hard coded into the league rules.

@Zachary Whyte I understand that and it makes sense thank you. If ESC players are not in ported saves wouldn't it make sense for this message not to appear in game then? Or is it not possible to have different messages depending on the save file?

• SI Staff

We won't be able to remove the message but we don't think it's too much of an issue as it says the player is deemed ineligible for one, so it's not that misleading, but I can see why it would be a little confusing.

Yeah its not a major issue it just reminds me that I can't use the feature every time somebody fails to secure a work permit lol