• England Transfers- Work Permit / ESC places

kopfan1977
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I spotted a young croatian regen on a free, even though on the contract page it says not likely to gain a work permit nor be eligible for an ESC contract I went through the contract, then work permit and appeal anyway. As predicted he failed to get a work permit and also ineligible to gain an ESC place.

However the transfer sits until the closure of the transfer window without doing anything else. No option to sign him and loan him out, No further action available except to cancel. Not an issue as I can cancel that myself.

However, I tried to sell one of my players - Dimitris Goutas to Bristol City. He failed work permit and appeal and apparently isn't deemed eligible for an ESC contract. And here lies the issue, I cannot cancel this transfer and sell him to someone out of the UK as there is no option to.

Is this a bug on both transfers? Should I have been able to have signed the croatian youth player and then loan him out or have the rules changed completely therefore not allowing me to sign him, loan him and gain a work permit eventually? The sale part to me seems to be an issue, If the player cannot gain a work permit or ESC contract then the transfer should fail but it's not.

I no longer have the save but have attached a screenshot below. This is easy to recreate, tried it again on a test to see if it would be the same on both accounts and it is.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 135654.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Had the same issue, player was presumably sold to england and didn't get work permit. Whole thing stretched over the transfer period and after deadline day the deal was cancelled. Couldn't cancel before this on my own. I uploaded a save file "Marco Fischer – Palermo (v02).fm" which is back at the point of the deadline day

"youth_trainer_not_creating_friendlys.fm" has four of those lost in transition players on the transfer overview window.

in older versions at some point you got the massage " player got no work permit, dismiss transfer or accept anyhow?" that is missing entirely.

Edited by Tankqull

I spotted the same thing today. A player I wanted to sign decided to sign with Blackpool and din't get work permit. Now, it's September the 2nd and he still isn't available. The deal doesn't seem to be cancelled or anything.

Edit: I added a new manager, I chose Blackpool and canceled the transfer then retired. The player, still can't be approached to sign because he has already accepted a contract offer

Sorry for my English, it is not my mother language 

Edited by GIANNIS511