• B team manager contract auto renews

nms1987
    • Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: Save Ze Porto - Huelva 2039.05.27.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

My B team's manager automatically renews before expiring.  I have full contract control set to me, nothing delegated.  There is no clause in the manager's contract to auto renew.  But yet it always renews for another year in late May before expiring, none of my other staff contracts do this.  This has happened almost every year in this save, except for one year when the manager apparently wanted a new challenge.  So I hire another guy and now his is autorenewing as well.

PS - Any idea why most coaches would want to work for my u19s but refuse the same job on my B team? 

Save is Save Ze Porto - Huelva 2039.05.27.fm, fast forward til May 31 to see it

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Any idea what the deal here is guys?  Any other expiring coach contract results in the guy staying on in a month-to-month basis without contract, or occasionally choosing to leave the club when the contract ends.  It is just this B team manager position that auto-renews.  Very frustrating.

• SI Staff

Hi @nms1987

Not 100% sure atm we can look into your save further, you can terminate the contract of the Manager (When they have 4-5 weeks left) if you don't want them to stay.

Also, with your 'PS' statement do you have an example we can look into?

7 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @nms1987

Not 100% sure atm we can look into your save further, you can terminate the contract of the Manager (When they have 4-5 weeks left) if you don't want them to stay.

Also, with your 'PS' statement do you have an example we can look into?

I mean I know I can just let the guy go, but is it not any kind of a concern to SI staff that FM24 just seems to constantly do these insane things for no reason at all?  Might be worth getting to the bottom of why this keeps happening, I would love to know.  The constant bugs are a real drag to the experience and raise questions as to the quality of the product

As for the u-19 vs B job, just go on that same save and try to hire guys for the B team.  Tons of coaches will reject B team position but will accept same position w u-19s.  IRL I don't think that is ever the case... in fact, frequently coaches work their way up from u15, u19, u21s, B, ect.