• All of the players in Spain have a release clause, also cannot remove it when negotiating a contract

Lolofik
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Save Game: almeria spain Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

Every player in La Liga has a release clause. Also when signing a new player or renegotiating a contract, a release clause is always included without an option to remove it.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This isn't a bug; it's the rule in Spain. Release clauses have been mandatory in La Liga players' contracts for nearly 40 years.

Oh, I'm sorry for false bug report, I did not know that, sorry. I checked for that in the La Liga rules but didn't seem to find it. Perhaps I overlooked it. Thank you.

13 hours ago, Lolofik said:

Oh, I'm sorry for false bug report, I did not know that, sorry. I checked for that in the La Liga rules but didn't seem to find it. Perhaps I overlooked it. Thank you.

For guys you don't want to lose, do what Spanish teams do IRL, set it to a ridiculous amount.  Star level Barcelona and Madrid guys have literal 1 billion euro release clauses.  If you're not quite that on that level you can set clauses to not astronomical but still very large clauses, basically prices on the highest end of what you could ever imagine someone paying for them, prices you'd be fine losing them at (40, 60, 80 million ect).  This is what most other Spanish clubs (and top Portuguese clubs) do.  You'll have to pay 'em a little more in wage to get the good clause, but it often pays for itself later.