• Title Chase Team Meeting responses not making sense

jayedson
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: title_chase_team_meeting_interactions.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Title chase team meeting time and we are very clear underdogs for the league about to play the clear favourites for the league (Malmo) as can be seen in the below season preview.

image.png.9d4bf209db523202eeab59fd224e165e.png

Assistant recommends focusing on our form and reinforcing the good feeling (even though I often go for a 'no pressure' approach in these types of meetings especially as the underdog).

image.thumb.png.c12f0aa941649a6dd04e5f42ee02c387.png

However, for a change, I thought I'd try something more positive but got an interesting response so reloaded to try something different to review the squad's reactions.

image.png.da2e39ee0f0a9fa2b8a1305bd98451dd.png

I first tried to 'challenge' the squad - saying "Malmo are a really good team, we're going to have to be at our best..."

This resulted in the squad being offended, hurt, disappointed and let down..."we're a better team than Malmo, let's not add undue pressure here. We should be beating them comfortably".

The terminology here doesn't really make sense as saying we need to be at our best when the squad thinks we are favourites isn't 'adding undue pressure'.

image.thumb.png.07a50b01af7c46766f133ff0255cdf32.png

Since the squad were so confident and thought they were literally a 'better team than Malmo', I thought I'd reload and try "We're a better team than Malmo and we should be getting the result we need..."

However this again had an unfavourable response, this time the squad are angry and furious - "If we go into a match expecting to win, we're at risk of being upset. We can't underestimate anybody"

image.thumb.png.495b551e0433094030777b1964c95ae3.png

To be honest, I always veer to the 'low pressure' options anyway (always as an underdog) but the responses shown above highlight some inconsistency in the feelings of the squad, being polar opposites depending on the initial option chosen. Admittedly, we shouldn't be 'save scumming' :cool: but hopefully as an example it may be helpful.

Have uploaded [title_chase_team_meeting_interactions.fm] which is just prior to this meeting if you want to recreate.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments