• "Actual Playing Time" very wrong

nms1987
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.04.12.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Please look at Hong Chang Soo on Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.04.12.fm

Actual Playing Time is showing Emergency Backup (and previously has shown Surplus) but player has appeared in 21 of 33 Liga matches so far this season (11 starts) and has started 5 of the last 7 matches.  His agreed playing time is Squad Player but he will complain about not getting enough playing time.  I think that level of playing time is at least Impact Sub and probably Squad Player. I wouldn't be mad if it showed him as Impact Sub but he wanted a few more starts to be a proper Squad Player, but it's definitely not Emergency Backup, so kind of driving me crazy the game thinks that.  Have seen this before with a couple other guys but this is the most glaringly incorrect one.

Another guy, 21 year old Fidel Pena, is not playing a lot (4 starts, 9 subs in 33 La Liga matches) but his actual time is shown as Youngster... which just doesn't make sense.  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hi @nms1987

Sometimes the 'Actual Playing Time' tab needs time to catch up, it will adjust eventually, but it's not affecting player happiness or anything like that, it's just visual. Hong Chang Soo is not unhappy at the moment with his playing time.

Looking at the other players who are unhappy, you seem to be doing a good job based on the promises tab. 

Screenshot 2024-04-10 144524.png

I hear you, but its not like he's ever been an "Emergency Backup" at any point this season.  He was always playing in most matches, and starting occasionally.  And last season it showed him as Surplus, despite similar playing time.  Less worried about the situation of my own team than how the game can view that level of playing time as Emergency or Surplus

• SI Staff

That's something we can look into but as I said that tab is only visual it won't be interfering so you don't need to worry about it affecting your players.

This continues to happen to players when they come back from loan. I know in responses to these issues SI says 'the player isn't actually unhappy about playing time' and it will catch up, but I've had three who complain about wanting to leave because they've been denied the chance to play first team soccer.

One went on loan, came back and went into the first team in Portugal. Started 13 league matches, 10 cup matches, subbed on 3 more. Agreed playing time is squad player, has never shown more than youngster even at the start of the next season.