• AI not choosing well the players to play (An issue that comes from FM 23)

FASP
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: FP - Chaves - 23Save.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game, None

Hi all,

First of all I must tell you that this is by far the best Beta version that you have released, congrats to all team. This is really an early access.

Until now, i didnt get any bugs, but i noticed something that is as bad as it was in FM 23 and its about how the AI chooses players to participate in a match. 

I should say that i am currently playing my save from FM23.i hope this behaviour happens just because of that and if I start a new save, maybe this isnt an issue anymore,

Lets take a look at 2 squads. Starting with Porto squad.

As you can see in the image below, Porto plays in a 4-2-3-1 system. In real life, and playing in a competition where 9 subs are allowed, never in any team of the World a manager would bring 4 defenders and just one winger to the banch, and the winger is a defender. He could play as a winger but he can play as a CENTER BACK too, he more a defender (has more defender positions and attributes) than attack ones!!! So as you can imagine, he is everything but a winger. Porto's manager cant change any of the wingers if he have to do it in the next match. I know it is missing a sub in this imagine but trust me, the  9th sub would be a defender yet again. I've seen this happen in every season i've played in FM 23 (im currently in 2031 in this save). They just dont swith theyre wingers mid game, even if they are playing bad, because theyre banch is full of defensive players. This happens to almost every team and even if the manager is super defensive, this is just something that doesnt really happen in real life, specially if we are talking about a team that runs for champion.image.thumb.png.7ce3f37c1e3cabb64779c31a8db38ba2.png

Now worst case and the definite proof about what im saying. Take a look at City's squad.

Those guys dont bring more defenders to the banch because they dont have any to. Its unbeleavable. How can a team like City go to a match and have those options in the banch???? If they are loosing what could they do to revert the match?? This is even worse if you consider that th AI didnt planned well the season. They really dont have much options, but they have some nice newgens in theyre under 23 squad. Why dont they call them up to play? I read something about how in FM 24, if a player has a good probability of evolve to a top player, AI would give more chances of play to this player. I dont see how it can happen with attacking players if the AI keeps leaving them at home in a match day and just brings defenders to the banch. I really would like to see a litle bit more of reality in this field because IRL, a manager brings at max 3 defenders to the banch in a total of 9 subs. 

image.thumb.png.668d4597cf2f38c58fafe5240cc5bb29.png

As i said in the beggining, im currently playing on my Save from 23. I dont know if it happens because of that but even if it does, it must not. Pls dont let this pass as a non bug/issue because i think this really is, it makes it easy for us to win matches because they have to adpat a player to play more in front if some of theyre attacker get injured mid game. It toally breaks the experience and takes away any kind of joy if you win a thogh match, because, they really didnt have a chance to battle with us.

Thank you all and I hope you can fix it or at least, hope you chat with me about this if you think my vision about this topic is wrong :)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 minuto atrás, DarJ disse:

If it's a save from FM23 I'd give it a year if transfer window to see if they sign enough players in other positions

I thought about that, However im worried about AI not giving an opportunity to youth players in the under 23 teams, This was something I was really excited to read in a post about new features and im losing hope that this is really a thing in FM 24. 

image.thumb.png.51e94d4609c7989a2a0cdb229fa97375.png

I know its early to take conclusions, I really hope im just being hasty but its just the game felels so good in every other aspect, it would be a shame that this feature didnt work well. And, if you can see from Porto squad, the lack of options is not the problem, AI just decided to leave attacking players out of the match, and i dont think this shoul happen for a Champion runner up like Porto.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb DarJ:

If it's a save from FM23 I'd give it a year if transfer window to see if they sign enough players in other positions

The AI still does the same mistakes like in FM23 and feels even worse. They are not even rotating at all and starting players on low fitness.  I have seen it in multiple matches in a new save now. This makes it pretty easy to beat AI managers, because of the fitness advantage. 

Edited by Marso1337