• Can't select player even considering that he already played for me

DavidFarinha
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Journeyman_Uganda.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Hey there,

I was preparing my next squad selection, one of my players that has two nationalities, and that has already accepted playing for me (has 1 cap), is no longer interested/selectable?

image.thumb.png.ce2f213602035e89b9f6c92ae7835ce5.png

image.thumb.png.fc657922daba52100b66a0d805fccd9d.png

image.thumb.png.3913b00b1fa7d7a4030f56cbcae876a7.png

Are we actually allowing this as in real life? I know that in a few occasions, FIFA allowed players to change.

Cheers

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

I don't know the specifics of when a player can change nationality myself, I had personally thought it was if a player had been in non-competitive games it was fine. However, the QA team will review this further.

• SI Staff

While the rules aren't necessarily the most clear, if players are under 21, eligible for both nations at the time of making their first appearance and have played no more than 3 games - while also not making an appearance at the finals of a tournament they can switch. 

So there are a lot of conditions under which it can happen, it's one of those areas that has become more flexible for younger players than in years gone by.