• negative transfer budget

CrackeNel
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I have a problem in my beta game. I'm in 2036, and despite having excellent financial health, I start each season with a negative transfer budget. This is quite bothersome as it forces me to sell a player at the beginning of each season.

The issue is that all the budget is allocated to the wage budget. As soon as I return to a positive balance and can reallocate my budget, I end up with hundreds of millions in the transfer budget.

I'm attaching two screenshots to provide a clearer view of the situation.

transfert fm24.JPG

budget transfert.JPG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the same issue. it is so annoying. I had build up a transfer budget of 73.000.000 and than suddenly they come with that and i have -23.000.000. I really don't want to sell my best players again and replace them which is too hard to do now.

2 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @redmermiedema& @grubiorz

We are continuing to investigate this.

What we need is save games from before the budget drops, saves as early as possible would be ideal, thank you.

I have a save i can give tomorrow. I used the editor on one as a test and manipulated it so i was promoted to the premiership to see if my none promotion negative transfer budget of 5.5 million would change, and my budget after promotion was 10 million but it was given as a negative budget again. It seems like the game is supposed to give a normal budget but somehow its getting glitched/bugged out and giving it as a negative one.

On 18/12/2023 at 18:16, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @redmermiedema& @grubiorz

We are continuing to investigate this.

What we need is save games from before the budget drops, saves as early as possible would be ideal, thank you.

I don't have a save before i got the mail of the changed transferbudget unfortunally. Is there a way that the savefile can be playable again?

Edited by redmermiedema
    forgot the the question

I've uploaded four saves. One from before my budget change and one after. This is my second season with a negative transfer budget. At the start of the 25/26 season they gave me a negative transfer budget, I played with it for the year, $0 in transfer purchases and $1million or so in sales. I was hopeful that at the end of the season I'd get at least a $0 transfer budget. I got a negative transfer budget again for the 26/27 season. We also got promoted and went pro. -$600k last season and -$1mil this year. Have enough in the wage budget to cover the difference but I'm unable to adjust my wage budget. We do have "Repair the club's financial damage" in the club vision but I feel like I should be able to at least reallocate funds from wage to transfer. 

I'm 60 hours in and disabled the editor in my setup on principle but this is ruining my save for me. 

Current Season Pre Transfer Budget
    Andrew Burke - RFC Liège2 2026.05.17.fm

Current Season Post Transfer Budget
    Andrew Burke - RFC Liège2 2026.05.30.fm

Past Season Pre Transfer Budget (This is the last time I had a transfer budget)
    Andrew Burke - RFC Liège2 2025.04.20.fm

Past Season Post Transfer Budget
    Andrew Burke - RFC Liège2 2025.08.01.fm

Seems to have something to do with the "Negative transfer business model" objectives. If I delete that one I get a "normal" transfer budget. Maybe the objective should be removed once a positive transfer budget has been acquired?

On 24/12/2023 at 06:14, bigtukker said:

Seems to have something to do with the "Negative transfer business model" objectives. If I delete that one I get a "normal" transfer budget. Maybe the objective should be removed once a positive transfer budget has been acquired?

You reminded me of something. @Zachary Whyte last season I started getting the "board has relinquished control of player sales" email literally every day so this ^^ makes a lot of sense. If I was to actually clear the negative transfer they give me it would be impossible given my 15% transfer retention that they refuse to change. No chance I'm doing $10million in player sales in the Belgian second division.

Yeah, the negative transfer business model can be completely broken.  Had the experience of trying to work with it when my board set the transfer retention to 0% with my Seraing save.  Last 50k to raise in January to hit the goal from £1million+ at 15%, then after accepting final sale needed to hit the target, retention would switch to 0% and the board would seize control and asset strip the club.  Tried repeated attempts to work with it and in the end assumed the save was dead.

Thankfully got lucky and had a takeover rumour at start of January I could roll back to and eventually got to go through prior to the meltdown, clearing the vision objective.  There is something very broken in terms of the objective, and the way it works with the transfer retention.  Even the sale posts say the full amount will be credited to the budget when making the required sales, but if you're at 0% retention it's an unachievable target.

Same issue as the rest of the thread, I will be starting my fifth season and had negative transfer budgets on each one, the upcoming season being the worst with -£21m. As Bolton, thats pretty harsh and basically cannot get anybody in unless they are free! Club is considered as rich but still negative budgets, can't change wage budget either.

I've submitted the save game file as 'Negative Transfer Budget'. I hope this is resolved soon because it is becoming ridiculous now!

As a side note, i did enable the option to disable the first transfer window when i started this save

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 17.50.18.png

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 17.50.36.png

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 17.50.59.png

Edited by NorthernMonkey_
    comment added

Hi, I have the same issue. Here is a screenshot of after and before. I will submit 2 save files as well. I am aware this is because of the Negative Transfer Model policy, but when I try to negotiate to remove it, they will NOT budge, have been trying for seasons. It just makes no sense, I quite literally have one of the highest balances if not the highest in world football, and it is really stable, why would they not let me remove it. This has to be a bug?

image.thumb.png.effadb52a28107c8ed2ed4a51cef0dbe.pngimage.thumb.png.927c53f1d307319ac68f7ce2655fcb1b.png

3 minutes ago, bubbli said:

Hi, I have the same issue. Here is a screenshot of after and before. I will submit 2 save files as well. I am aware this is because of the Negative Transfer Model policy, but when I try to negotiate to remove it, they will NOT budge, have been trying for seasons. It just makes no sense, I quite literally have one of the highest balances if not the highest in world football, and it is really stable, why would they not let me remove it. This has to be a bug?

image.thumb.png.effadb52a28107c8ed2ed4a51cef0dbe.pngimage.thumb.png.927c53f1d307319ac68f7ce2655fcb1b.png

They are called Jarik Welgraven - Feyenoord (Before) & Jarik Welgraven - Feyenoord (After)

Hi, 

What is the status of this issue? I have just opened a thread as well but this has been going on from months now?

Kind regards

Just now, jessezw7 said:

Same goes for me, i hope this gets fixed because the game will be unplayable otherwise. image.thumb.png.5756cdf5fc337ca2f655d6c875c98a40.png

edited because i want updates

On 16/01/2024 at 11:39, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @Sacioli

We're going to be making some changes in our next game update that should stop this situation from occurring.

Is there any news as to when the next update is due, i am desperate for my FM fix but haven't been able to play my save for 2 months. Fingers crossed that this issue is fixed soon.

Having the same issues, from the championship all the way through to my time in the prem I have started on approx -20 even though the bank has been healthy throughout. I have also qualified for champs league and these are the budgets that are set.

image.thumb.png.5731d7f79e8b1f5af7813d88c1f80041.png

I have the same problem, but I'm stuck in a loop. The board gives me 0% revenue back from selling players, it seems like all the money is going towards the salary budget. So, no matter how many players I sell, I'll never get rid of the negative transfer budget. When I ask the board to let money go to transfer budget they refuse. I can't buy players, loan players that aren't completely free, can't offer contracts with signing fee, not allowed to change transfer budget - salary budget. 

I hope that the update will cover this problem, including the combination of a negative budget and a 0% revenue out of tranfsers. I do like the feature on paper, it will improve the in game economy, potentially. 

Should I add screenshots or is that not needed anymore?