• La Liga salary limit does not increase after 150mil profit season

nms1987
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Ze Porto - Huelva 2039.07.10.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

In the 38/39 season I made a concerted effort to try to build an enormous nest egg for my La Liga team.  We had Champions Lg money coming in, we made over 100 million in transfer profit and kept salaries pretty low.  We spent by far the least % of our revenue on salaries in the league, we made a 150 million euro profit in 38/39 and we have 350 million euro in the bank in total.

I was excited in 39/40 season to have some serious money to work with on the La Liga salary limit.  Turns out, nothing has changed.  Despite such a huge profit the season before my salary limit remains less than 30 million euros a season, so I am currently 5 million over the limit after some new contracts took effect at the end of the year.

I am completely stumped as to what to do to take my club forward, I've been building this club for almost 20 game years, about 1.5 years real life.  I know even in real life La Liga salary calculations can be controversial, but surely I'm allowed to spend more than 20% of my previous season profit on salaries?  My salary limit is less than 10% of the club's overall balance. 

Surely this has to be a bug?  It has not even increased a little.

Save game is Ze Porto - Huelva 2039.07.10.fm, I know you have many previous seasons saves from me where you can see the salary limit in those previous seasons to compare, but I can upload some as well.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is broken for years. You guys saying "we will investigate..." is just so bad . At least would be better to ignore the post. Since its what its being done to issues reported here, being ignored...

Yeah, I have since figured out from other complaints that if I go back move my transfer budget to salary budget at the end of the season I can double my salary cap to about 60 million or so.  Which is very stupid, that is simply not AT ALL how La Liga salary cap works!  You don't tell La Liga how much you're allowed to spend and they set the cap there, La Liga tells you!  Just embarrassingly bad, lazy design.  I actually started this save, a long time ago, because I was looking forward to the challenge of La Liga finances, of having that obstacle to maneuver around, but finding out the FM version is just a complete fairy tale has really taken the wind out of my sails.

BTW - That 60 million is still low, I think, compared to real life for a club already in a good financial status that made that much profit and had that much money in the bank.  Its less than half my previous year's profit, and less than 20% of my current bank balance.  Real Sociedad and Athletic Club, in real life, are maybe good comparisons to my current save.  Not financial powerhouses like Madrid or Barca, but financially secure clubs that are usually in Europa and occasionally Champions.  Their IRL salary caps are 100 and 125 million a year respectively.  60 million is Mallorca/Almeria level, and Almeria/Mallorca IRL don't have Europa/Champions money nor have they made transfer profit like I have.

This is compounded by the fact that FM salaries are a little inflated (I think) compared to real life, so that 60 million in payroll buys less in FM than it does in real life.

Also, once that limit is set in FM, in late July I think, I don't think it changes all year.  If it is 60 million on Aug 1, it is 60 million on Jan 1 and June 1.  IRL, I am pretty sure, if you make sales you can improve that limit. So if your limit IRL is 100 million, but you make a big sale in August, that limit might actually go up to 110 or 120 million, because you have brought in more money.  And, conversely, making a big transfer spend can reduce your salary allowance, so making a splashy signing has to be carefully considered.  That critically important detail is missing from FM's version. 

Really sad state of affairs

Edited by nms1987