• In 10 years club first teams get noticeably older and probably weaker (speculatative)

Soulseeker
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Game 1 - Leeds (Simulation End).fm and Andrey Ignatyev - Unemployed.fm Other: Files Uploaded: Save Game, Other

People told me to submit this, not sure if it will actually be helpful in any way, but there it is.

Basically, I ran 10 years simulation and compared average ages of club and national team squads between some arbitrarily chosen teams (clubs and national teams) between that (filename is "Game 1 - Leeds (Simulation End) and just 1 season long simulation (filename is Andrey Ignatyev - Unemployed) and also I went through a couple hundred clubs and national teams to do a glance comparison and most of them appear to be of comparable average age squads, but noticeably older first teams. 

I used U25 as a threshold because in 2034 it's the age of the first regen wave and U25 in 2034 is mostly 25 years olds, while U25 in 2024 is varied between 18 and 25 so it's actually not apples to apples comparison per se. If I used 24 years old as a threshold, numbers would be dramatically "worse" for the game, not even close. This is by far the most concerning part.

I also noticed that national teams call up players that would not be considered playing consistently enough to warrant a call in older versions even in teams like Brazil, where competition is crazy.

Finally, and this is my speculation, but it appears that AI is unable to develop extremely high PA players to realise their PA by 25. I couldn't spot a single 190+ CA player anywhere, but it's a fact that every year there are a few 190 spawn so it's virtually impossible for them to just not to exist. So either I am completely terrible at reading CA from attributes, they actually don't regen at the same rate as before, clubs can't effectively scout them or may be it's just that they give them playing time way too late to realise their full potential. No more Hollands or Bellinghams in the regen era.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

At this point, even after buying FM every years for almost 20 years, I hate to say this but I actually think FM is now becoming unreasonable purchase.

They make a lot of money because they release it every years like others sport games but you can expect the least improvement from FM. Imagine that some stupid mechanics that we used to encounter in FM2007 still exist in FM2024. (like fix date on players development)

I've heard that there will be a big game-engine change in FM2025 and I hope they're really serious on that. If not I think FM is dying soon. Just 1 opinion from someone who played every FM games since it's CM.

Edited by NO ADJUST

13 hours ago, albertocerdeira.4 said:

Analysing the data, it’s far better than it was, to be fair

I agree that it's better than it was in 22 and 23, but still worse than before eg FM19 (kinda speculative, but I never noticed this issue in earlier versions so it's either wasn't there to a noticeable extent or I just never realised that it was).

• SI Staff

Hello everybody, thank you for posting we appreciate the feedback. 

To answer some of your questions:

. We have identified an issue which is causing a lack of rotation with AI teams. We are looking to make changes/improvements to this in future updates.

. Another known issue we're investigating is the AI not using their substitutions enough during games.

. In terms of the AI making transfers, there will always be instances of new signings not playing or making the breakthrough at new clubs. It was not our intention to make the AI transfer market mistake free.

- If you have good examples of bad transfers or poor squad building, then we will need save games provided at the start of transfer windows, or just before bids for players are made, in order to fully investigate, thank you.

The changes we have made to AI Squad Building for FM24 cover some of these other aspects:

- A players form is considered more when the AI target a player for a transfer, so you might see a player from a less high profile league but in good form getting moves to bigger leagues
    - AI managers targeting players based on their tactical style more. For example a Wing Play manager will look for pacy wide players and target men strikers, Control Possesion manager will look for Techinchal Central Defenders, Gegenpress manager will look for energetic midfielders etc
    - Managers will now better identify gaps in their squad based off their style and look to make signings suited to their style to fill those gaps
    - These tactical styles will also help to improve user and AI manger decisions when sending young players out on loan to better aid their development
    - Some managers will now have more of a preference for PA in backup/rotation shortlist slots than in previous versions. Where CA would be preferred resulting in ageing players often being signed for backup/rotation slots.
    - A review of how players reputation can increase/decrease based off of in match performances, meaning that players reputation can increase/decrease more naturally over the course of a save game