• Contract end date and custom save start date

adriano roberto
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

For some reason, starting on a custom date such as 25 December 2023, player contracts that end on 31 December 2023 are automatically extended for another year when creating the save.

If you put the option: The player will leave at the end of the contract, instead of leaving in 2023, he will leave in 2024.

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_5.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I think this is just how the game is programmed. For example, Arteta in the PGE has 30.6.2023 as contract expiry date but since some start dates are just before that, he could leave arsenal early on the playthrough which would ruin it for some people. And this is the case for 46k+ people in the database(expiry date between 1.1.2023 and 30.6.2023

But I just checked with Sweden and England loaded with start date set as 27.3.2023 and Arteta has expirey date set as 30.6.2023. So if you go further back it should work OR if you move his contract expiry date further ahead(about 3 months, but didn't test more so it could be less) with maybe a ban on the player so he doesn't play any games.

I obviously don't know what you want to do with the player, but this is the only help I provide.

Edited by HurkaDurk69

On 15/12/2023 at 18:50, HurkaDurk69 said:

I think this is just how the game is programmed. For example, Arteta in the PGE has 30.6.2023 as contract expiry date but since some start dates are just before that, he could leave arsenal early on the playthrough which would ruin it for some people. And this is the case for 46k+ people in the database(expiry date between 1.1.2023 and 30.6.2023

But I just checked with Sweden and England loaded with start date set as 27.3.2023 and Arteta has expirey date set as 30.6.2023. So if you go further back it should work OR if you move his contract expiry date further ahead(about 3 months, but didn't test more so it could be less) with maybe a ban on the player so he doesn't play any games.

I obviously don't know what you want to do with the player, but this is the only help I provide.

Sounds like a valid explanation to me. You wouldn't to see a team suddenly without a manager or player, because the database hasn't been updated yet with the latest contract negotations.

Maybe they didn't understand me: in all previous FMs this didn't happen. I would put a start date between December 20th and 25th and, contracts that end, for example, on December 31st, 2023, when starting the save, the contract was the one entered in the editor, as well as the future departures of the players.

What happens in this FM is that, players with a contract until December 31, 2023, when starting the save on the custom date I mentioned above, the player's contract is automatically extended by 1 year and, those who were scheduled to leave at the end of the contract in 2023, are scheduled to leave in 2024.

The reason for this is that the calendar and contracts of players and clubs in South America are different from those in Europe. Our season starts in January.

@Wolf_pd @HurkaDurk69

Edited by adriano roberto