• Continental Rules Bug-[Squad selection rules]

Roy Race 9

Settings fixture index rules and squad selection doesnt work

In FM23[and other versions of FM too] the issue was fixture rules disappearing when you exited the data file even though it was saved.

image.thumb.png.548ecbc485a385c8ec3f34472fbeed29.png

Now I am finding the rules are added-the file is tested and saved-but in game the rules do not show

image.thumb.png.7209bda0f1486866e0905660510256b8.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can I get some feedback on this please, this bug was fixed last year with the first patch to the editor

fixture index set to -1

or 0

brings same outcome

image.thumb.png.1185206705b2400d456045fca9e88444.png

On 01/12/2023 at 07:27, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @Roy Race 9

Can we ask how you were able to verify their rules?

When we tried to load your fmf file and go straight to Test Rules, the test fails as the UCL & UEL do not finish in time.

Hi

It doesnt need to be tested in editor I have removed that option totally

because the editor testing option is too buggy mate[you can get endless random errors testing continental rules like no squad selected for a lower scottish team fixture-nothing to do with continental rules] and the failed test result you have isnt correct as both comps havent been edited and there is no issue with them in game

However There is a workaround been working with  @Samuel77 on it

thanks to him for his input

and find you can bypass the normal fixture rules-squad selection 

you dont need to add any via the nation/continent as normal

do it in the actual competition here

fixture times and rules

image.png.469aaedc7f38517605b5a75b746cad20.png

However would you believe there is another bug;)

when you try to tick enabled here-squad selection rules it wont allow it[those 6 unsaved changes in image below are me ticking the enabled box]

image.png.40077b26b8e4cf7179862b7b36f01c56.png

but I found a fix[mate the editor is so frustrating:brock:]

I went to FM23 opened a file there activated the tick box to enabled added the rules I wanted-imported that file into FM24 editor

opened it copied those entries

Then re opened the Anglo Celtic Cup file and pasted the rules...phew hard work

in game the 'trial' rules are working as intended, got this working for continental rule changes I make it may be of interest to you  and SI 

and I want to help/assist make this a better product there are several of us who make fixes/workarounds and share with the community with things like this

image.thumb.png.8dcae7d17e7e54dcd8bd22f5cc943166.png

Edited by Roy Race 9

Hi @Zachary Whyte will this get fixed in the pre xmas update (if there is one)? The squad selection rules was a problem in FM23 before getting fixed in the December update. Very frustrating. I wonder do you have a base file that you go to for each version, but the base file has none of the things that were fixed from before, and we end up back where we started? I don't mean to come across as a groany old c@*t, I also echo @Roy Race 9's sentiments of getting the editor to be the best working version we can get.

On 13/12/2023 at 02:54, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Hi @Zachary Whyte will this get fixed in the pre xmas update (if there is one)? The squad selection rules was a problem in FM23 before getting fixed in the December update. Very frustrating. I wonder do you have a base file that you go to for each version, but the base file has none of the things that were fixed from before, and we end up back where we started? I don't mean to come across as a groany old c@*t, I also echo @Roy Race 9's sentiments of getting the editor to be the best working version we can get.

Hi mate

as per PM glad its fixed for you now using the above workaround

it does seem to be that  cycle happens with a new version of the editor and it gets fixed xmas/new year a bit bizarre really 

Hi there, squad registration rules still aren't working for continental competitions on FM24. Is this going to be fixed? 

I have tried the above workaround from Roy Race 9 but my competitions do not test ok on advanced rules. Not sure why as i have ran the competitions on holiday mode for 10+ seasons with no issue on normal rules. 

Edited by Ayr_United