• Fenerbahce - Ferdi Kadioglu

bugra.gundogan
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

image.png.a81404e5af47d9394bbea7afc66c6b93.png

Ferdi Kadioglu played in many positions through out his carreer despite his young age, but even with his portfolio the profile he gets on FM makes no sense sometimes. As you can see, Kadioglu according to the research team

- is very capable in the DM position(1 match in his entire carreer)

- is very capable in the CM position(15 matches in his entire carreer, last one probably being 5 years ago)

- is somewhat used to playing in the ST position (guess what, he never played there in his carreer)

This player has been playing as a full back in the last three seasons now. He is shining there, but since the research team bloats his CA with unnecessary positions most of which he has little experience in, his CA never translates into a talented enough player.

image.png.1384ead87d4acfa8d57853264c831277.pngimage.png.a81404e5af47d9394bbea7afc66c6b93.png

For the last three editions of FM, I criticized the research team on many points and used the editor to give myself a better experience. But honestly it is becoming unbearable at this point:

1- No one listens to us Turkish players on these points apparently. I may be the hundredth guy that brought up Ferdi for an example.

2- The environment around the game became too toxic for my liking, as it tends to happen when a research team member claims a person is 'doing it just for clicks' when someone criticizes him.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

We lowered many of the positions for Ferdi this year to a level where it's not a big addition to his CA.

We can probably lower them some more and will certainly be reviewing him and I agree that he's a full back now.

Thanks!

23 saat önce, perpetua said:

We lowered many of the positions for Ferdi this year to a level where it's not a big addition to his CA.

We can probably lower them some more and will certainly be reviewing him and I agree that he's a full back now.

Thanks!

No problem!

I question the methodology that gives him at least 10 out of 20 in a position that a player has played in only one game out of his 6-7 years long professional career. Like, I do not agree with many players and many attributes that Fenerbahce researcher gives them three years in a row now I suppose, but they are not as easy to prove as the position of a player, especially for the people that do not watch the Turkish league so often.

How do you suggest we provide the feedback regarding the attributes, what would make you question your methodology, what kind of data would you like us to provide in order to make it a little bit more clear?

@bugra.gundogan More than having played in a position, in my opinion, his skill set makes him suitable to play in a lot of areas.  Quite good with the ball, quite hard working, pretty good decision making, good stamina etc.  So if a manager chose to use him as a super utility player, they could without issues in my opinion.  He probably wouldn't play 8 or 9 out of 10 in those positions but he likely wouldn't fall under 6 or 7 out of 10 either.  

As for his attributes, feel free to make suggestions.  

My personal view on Ferdi's attributes is that he could be a little more proficient defensively and in terms of tempo while perhaps not so strong in some of the attacking aspects of his game.  His attributes still look a bit too much like a winger for my liking.

Strongly agree with your view on his attributes. He looks like a player that brings talent first and tempo second with his current attributes but it is vice versa in real life.

I think you are wrong on the positions thing. What you are proposing is what happenned three years ago when Vitor Pereira played him on Left Back. He had the attributes for it but not the habit, which is what the 'position' in game should mean. He got used to his new position and only got better ever since. I understand the intention behind it better now, but I really dont think that should be how it works. 

For an example in this edition I gave Tadic a run as a regista, and he was superb despite not having any points in that position. I also often use pacey strikers as Inside Forwards even though they don't have any experience there, but they adapt faster than you think. 

@bugra.gundogan

I don't have an issue with lowering the extra positions and will recommend it to be done, just wanted to highlight the reasoning.  Sometimes it takes a season or two for researchers to finally say ok this guy is not going to be playing in his old position anymore and the rating should be downgraded.