• Source (HDMI) change during match - makes screen go black

edinniksic89
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Edin Niksic - Wrexham.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Hello team!

First time posting here, so please don't mind if this issue was already raised.

I play FM 24 on laptop, but I also have a screen that I use via HDMI cable. Today during match I played on laptop, I decided to finish on screen that is connected via HDMI.
    Most of the screen went black. I was able to control the team, and see stats and all the buttons, but it felt like blackout as I could not see what was happening during highlights.

I tried it later again, but vice-versa ( started on Screen but disconnected and finished on laptop ) same thing happened.

Hope this helps you out find the bug and fix it.

Best regards.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

When switching between screens / disconnecting one of them, could you then try clicking 'reload skin' within your preferences, and letting us know if there's any difference?

Could we also have your dxdiag file, please.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553-How-to-find-my-system-DxDiag-system-information-for-Football-Manager-support-

I want to add to this that I had the same problem but it started for me when I changed graphical settings during a match. I fixed it by leaving the game (Pressing the home screen) and then returning to the match.

Edited by CluelessLemon

I also had a similar situation. I noticed that my information pop up between highlights toggle was not switched on during a match, so I switched it on, and the skin reloaded to a blank screen and I couldn't see the match at all (see image below). I use a dual screen setup in general when using my laptop, and was doing so before loading the game, so I don't know if that may have brought up this issue. I tried CluelessLemon's solution, which worked but I did have to disconnect and reconnect from my second screen after to be able interact with the game using my mouse as it wouldn't let me after I went onto my browser for a second. 

image.thumb.png.1498887d024db4b7655107ceca39886c.png

On 21/10/2023 at 21:49, CluelessLemon said:

I want to add to this that I had the same problem but it started for me when I changed graphical settings during a match. I fixed it by leaving the game (Pressing the home screen) and then returning to the match.

I have had the same problem. Game continues but screen is black when changing any graphical setting during a match.