• FM24 Not Launching Issue *Update 22/10/23*

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

As this forum shows, we've had a number of users encountering an issue when trying to launch FM24 for the first time. 

Rest assured we have as many hands on this as possible and we're working towards a solution.

At this point we have only seen it on PC, but do flag to us immediately if you're on Mac.

Could anyone who has encountered the issue please try the following:

LATEST *22/10/23*

We've had some users share some success by changing their compatibility settings. Could you please try the following and let us know how you get on:

Locate your Steam.exe app, by default you can find it here: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

If you can't see it, please make sure 'Show Hidden Items' is checked on the top 'Show/Hide' panel. 

Right click the Steam.exe app, select 'Properties' and then 'Compatibility'.

Uncheck any boxes that are ticked, select 'Apply' and then 'Okay'.

Now launch Steam via the .exe file (double click it), and attempt to launch FM24.

Please let us know whether these steps have helped or not and we'll continue investigating internally. 

Update *20/10/23*

Could we firstly ask that you try launching FM directly via the exe file. To do so, copy and paste this path into your file explorer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\fm

Failing that, can we please have what's called an environment variable file.

It might sound a little complicated but I assure you it's simple if you go step by step!

Windows 10: https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/machine-learning/oml4r/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html#GUID-DD6F9982-60D5-48F6-8270-A27EC53807D0

Windows 11: Settings > About > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables > New 

Once you've selected new, please name the variable " antitamperdiagnosis " with the variable " 1 ".

After the next start this will create a file called “antitamperdiagnosis.bin” on your desktop, please attach that here.

Update *19/10/23*

The location path of where you're trying to install FM24; ie; C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024

Your DxDiag filehttps://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553-How-to-find-my-system-DxDiag-system-information-for-Football-Manager-support-

The 2 log files from Steam by going to c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs

• console_log.txt
    • content_log.txt

Simply enter "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs" in the File Explorer address bar and hit enter. You should be able to locate the two files above.

Please also ensure your Windows OS is fully up-to-date. You can do any outstanding updates by going to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update

We'll find a solution to this as soon as we can but please be patient.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, liamallenby09 said:

I have completeky reset my laptop back to factory settings and installed steam/fm24 again. this has got it working finally. hope this helps

Well, I did the same thing and it works. 

1 hour ago, broreloth said:

Well, I did the same thing and it works. 

will i have to re install windows and everything else 

Edited by Alpha_f1_

6 minutes ago, Alpha_f1_ said:

will i have to re install windows and everything else 

Unfortunately, yes. But it's still not guaranteed. It might not work for everyone.

I was able to install and launch the game on my work computer no problem (also a Windows PC)--same steam account but different hardware, obviously. Mention it because I would be happy to provide diagnostics from the working one if that is helpful.

Will try the new troubleshooting steps on my personal laptop when I get home. 

Thanks

also, can confirm uninstalling/reinstalling steam and reinstalling the game did not work. can send new reports (others posted earlier in the thread) if that would help. 

On 19/10/2023 at 21:26, _Radders_ said:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024

DxDiag.txt

console_log.txt content_log.txt

I managed to get mine running without re-install of windows, but I cannot 100% say/confirm steps to resolve. 

In between the last time I was not able to launch it and the first time I launched it successfully I:

-disabled the inbound firewall rule for fm24.exe in windows firewall. Then tried to launch it via Steam and also direct via the fm24.exe (via right click + run as admin) which didn't work. 

-after that I re-enabled the inbound firewall rule for fm24.exe and then tried again to launch via Steam which again didn't work. 

However, when I then tried to run again direct from the fm24.exe with right click + run as admin, the game booted for the first time!

I'm still unable to start the game via Steam or via a desktop shortcut, if I do I see the same symptoms as before. However the game does now boot every time from the fm24.exe and right click + run as admin.

Unsure if this works for anyone else or helps, but wanted to share none the less just in case. 

Edited by _Radders_

37 minutes ago, _Radders_ said:

I managed to get mine running without re-install of windows, but I cannot 100% say/confirm steps to resolve. 

In between the last time I was not able to launch it and the first time I launched it successfully I:

-disabled the outbound firewall rule for fm24.exe in windows firewall. Then tried to launch it via Steam and also direct via the fm24.exe (via right click + run as admin) which didn't work. 

-after that I re-enabled the outbound firewall rule for fm24.exe and then tried again to launch via Steam which again didn't work. 

However, when I then tried to run again direct from the fm24.exe with right click + run as admin, the game booted for the first time!

I'm still unable to start the game via Steam or via a desktop shortcut, if I do I see the same symptoms as before. However the game does now boot every time from the fm24.exe and right click + run as admin.

Unsure if this works for anyone else or helps, but wanted to share none the less just in case. 

Got excited for a sec that this would work, but i only have inbound rules for FM24 and no outbound rules. Applying the above was unsuccessful for the inbound rules.

Enjoy playing. I'm jealous.

47 分钟前, _Radders_说:

-disabled the outbound firewall rule for fm24.exe in windows firewall. Then tried to launch it via Steam and also direct via the fm24.exe (via right click + run as admin) which didn't work. 

-after that I re-enabled the outbound firewall rule for fm24.exe and then tried again to launch via Steam which again didn't work. 

I tried but didn’t work.

12 minutes ago, studeacon89 said:

Got excited for a sec that this would work, but i only have inbound rules for FM24 and no outbound rules. Applying the above was unsuccessful for the inbound rules.

Apologies, I meant inbound rules! Edited earlier post to reflect. 

14 minutes ago, studeacon89 said:

Enjoy playing. I'm jealous.

Thanks, hoping SI can get to the bottom of this one soon for all who are having these issues. It's seem like an odd environmental problem! 

I've been playing every beta since they've been a thing and this is first time I've ever ran into problems so I cannot complain. 

Any resolutions this morning?

I don't see why you should have to reset your PC/Laptop to play this game, seems a bit of an overkill.

Please SI sort this out, we spend good money to play the "Early Release"

Thanks