• FM24 Not Launching Issue *Update 22/10/23*

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

As this forum shows, we've had a number of users encountering an issue when trying to launch FM24 for the first time. 

Rest assured we have as many hands on this as possible and we're working towards a solution.

At this point we have only seen it on PC, but do flag to us immediately if you're on Mac.

Could anyone who has encountered the issue please try the following:

LATEST *22/10/23*

We've had some users share some success by changing their compatibility settings. Could you please try the following and let us know how you get on:

Locate your Steam.exe app, by default you can find it here: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

If you can't see it, please make sure 'Show Hidden Items' is checked on the top 'Show/Hide' panel. 

Right click the Steam.exe app, select 'Properties' and then 'Compatibility'.

Uncheck any boxes that are ticked, select 'Apply' and then 'Okay'.

Now launch Steam via the .exe file (double click it), and attempt to launch FM24.

Please let us know whether these steps have helped or not and we'll continue investigating internally. 

Update *20/10/23*

Could we firstly ask that you try launching FM directly via the exe file. To do so, copy and paste this path into your file explorer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2024\fm

Failing that, can we please have what's called an environment variable file.

It might sound a little complicated but I assure you it's simple if you go step by step!

Windows 10: https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/machine-learning/oml4r/1.5.1/oread/creating-and-modifying-environment-variables-on-windows.html#GUID-DD6F9982-60D5-48F6-8270-A27EC53807D0

Windows 11: Settings > About > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > System Variables > New 

Once you've selected new, please name the variable " antitamperdiagnosis " with the variable " 1 ".

After the next start this will create a file called “antitamperdiagnosis.bin” on your desktop, please attach that here.

Update *19/10/23*

The location path of where you're trying to install FM24; ie; C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024

Your DxDiag filehttps://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553-How-to-find-my-system-DxDiag-system-information-for-Football-Manager-support-

The 2 log files from Steam by going to c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs

• console_log.txt
    • content_log.txt

Simply enter "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs" in the File Explorer address bar and hit enter. You should be able to locate the two files above.

Please also ensure your Windows OS is fully up-to-date. You can do any outstanding updates by going to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update

We'll find a solution to this as soon as we can but please be patient.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators
    8 hours ago, king_karl said:

Sorry for the double post - Updating my Apple OS to Ventura has fixed the issue and allowed it to run properly. 

What OS were you on previously? May have been a different issue entirely.

On 21/10/2023 at 08:52, _Radders_ said:

I managed to get mine running without re-install of windows, but I cannot 100% say/confirm steps to resolve. 

In between the last time I was not able to launch it and the first time I launched it successfully I:

-disabled the inbound firewall rule for fm24.exe in windows firewall. Then tried to launch it via Steam and also direct via the fm24.exe (via right click + run as admin) which didn't work. 

-after that I re-enabled the inbound firewall rule for fm24.exe and then tried again to launch via Steam which again didn't work. 

However, when I then tried to run again direct from the fm24.exe with right click + run as admin, the game booted for the first time!

I'm still unable to start the game via Steam or via a desktop shortcut, if I do I see the same symptoms as before. However the game does now boot every time from the fm24.exe and right click + run as admin.

Unsure if this works for anyone else or helps, but wanted to share none the less just in case. 

I have just tried this method and it has worked for me! Thank you.

4 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

What OS were you on previously? May have been a different issue entirely.

I was running I believe Big Sur before updating to Ventura. 

Whilst the error might be different the outcome was the same text box issue. 

• Administrators

For those who still haven't resolve the launch issue on Windows, please can we ask you to provide more information by running the attached .bat filesave-system-report-v2.bat (this is a newer version, which provide us with additional information).

The .bat file will:

• Collects dxdiag for the system
    • Collects system information report for the system
    • Gets a list of installs applications on the system
    • Gets the system's event log for last 2 weeks for both applications and the system itself for event errors and warning
    • Zips the above information up into a zip file

Like before, the you can just

• Drop the .bat file into a folder (preferably a new, empty one)
    • Run the script from File Explorer
    • Wait until finished (could take a few minutes)
    • Upload it to Owncloud and reply here with the zip file's name

2 小时前, Kyle Brown说:

Is anyone still encountering this who has went through the latest steps?

done all the steps and still can't run the game

在 2023/10/24 在 AM3点48分, Jimmy Wong说:

For those who still haven't resolve the launch issue on Windows, please can we ask you to provide more information by running the attached .bat filesave-system-report-v2.bat (this is a newer version, which provide us with additional information).

The .bat file will:

• Gets the system's event log for last 2 weeks for both applications and the system itself for event errors and warning

Ko0OnG.zip

在 2023/10/25 在 PM6点59分, Kyle Brown说:

Is anyone still encountering this who has went through the latest steps?

If I use my existing Windows account, I can't open the game, but if I create a new account, it runs. Can you fix this issue?

The .bat file will:

The .bat file will:

systemreport-DESKTOP-887KBRC-20231028-2250.zip

Is anyone still having issues with this?  I'm on a macbook pro.  The demo ran fine but when I've tried to install the full game via steam it won't download.  Steam displays an error message advising 'This tile is not yet available'.

Im the same, been trying everything since I got the game and still wont load, starts to then instantly stops virtually. Getting fed up trying now, never had an issue before with any other version.