• Doesn't move forward to the match

sundman69
    • Public Status: Resolved Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

When I have picked my team and hit spacebar it just says "updating" I have to restart the game to be able to move forward

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is happening to me as well. Been playing for 15 hours or so and has it happen at least four times. Got a save from FM23.

I did find a workaround though: I save the game, then load it up and voilá! Just like that the forward button works as intended again.

This happens for me when I have a second manager (for instance a holidaying second manager for Facepack reasons). When I retired my 'spymaster' it fixed the issue.

The name of my save is "Arnie Moose - RSC Anderlecht", as I said I got rid of the second manager though, so I don't know how helpful it will be.

• Administrators
    On 24/10/2023 at 13:34, PIKO said:

The name of my save is "Arnie Moose - RSC Anderlecht", as I said I got rid of the second manager though, so I don't know how helpful it will be.

And it's still getting stuck without the second manager? 

12 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

No, only when there's a second manager. There's also issues with screen flow when playing 'hot seat' like this, for instance press conferences not pausing the game and such. Maybe this has something to do with it hanging before matches. (As said above, reloading fixes this issue. You can switch to the second manager and save and then reload.) 

For reasons I won't go into I added a second manager later, the issue repeated itself. I have a skin installed though, so I'll see if the issue resolves itself by switching back to the standard. If it doesn't I'll let you know and upload another savefile.

14 hours ago, PIKO said:

No, only when there's a second manager. There's also issues with screen flow when playing 'hot seat' like this, for instance press conferences not pausing the game and such. Maybe this has something to do with it hanging before matches. (As said above, reloading fixes this issue. You can switch to the second manager and save and then reload.) 

For reasons I won't go into I added a second manager later, the issue repeated itself. I have a skin installed though, so I'll see if the issue resolves itself by switching back to the standard. If it doesn't I'll let you know and upload another savefile.

It indeed did not fix the issue. Not a big deal for me since all I need to do is add a new manager every year, but I imagine it is a bit of a problem for people who play hot seat. Thank you for your responses!

I have the same problem when playing 2 managers at the time. in my save with 1 manager this problem doesnt persist.

Its like it cannot load further, just gets stuck.

When i save and reload the issue resolves untill next match. 

Mostly happens more when theres 2 matches in a row fast. 

I'm having the same problem too. match progression problem. To make progress, I add a new manager and register. Then I exit the game and log in again and it works. It's very very annoying.  This situation needs to be corrected urgently. Processing message is waiting for hours. I stopped playing the game

Ekran Resmi 2023-10-27 18.51.06.png

Edited by bediit

On 26.10.2023 at 18:13, Burningstars470 said:

I have the same problem when playing 2 managers at the time. in my save with 1 manager this problem doesnt persist.

Its like it cannot load further, just gets stuck.

When i save and reload the issue resolves untill next match. 

Mostly happens more when theres 2 matches in a row fast. 

The problem persists with two different manager accounts. I don't know how to fix this nonsense

On 21.10.2023 at 01:32, Kyle Brown said:

Could you provide your save file for us to investigate, please?

How to give the save process? I'm incredibly angry. I can't play the game. I constantly add new managers and save the game. Then I can exit the game, log in again, and play matches. And I'm so tired of doing this every time

On 25/10/2023 at 22:42, Kyle Brown said:

Hello, 

I have an online save with two friends, three managers in total. Another online save with one friend, two managers in total. 

We get stuck on "processing" when trying to go into a game, only fix is to save before the game and reload the save

Hello everyone, playing online career w/my pal and unfortunetly same issue is happening in our save as well, just before get into the match, it's "processing" forever

• Administrators

It's a known issue that we're working on to find a solution for asap, it only affects saves with multiple managers. I don't much of an update to give I'm afraid but as soon as we do we'll communicate it. 

I do have a small question, me and my friend played 2 full seasons with no problem and then last night this started to happen, is there any reason why its only started now?

On 27/10/2023 at 17:02, bediit said:

The problem persists with two different manager accounts. I don't know how to fix this nonsense

Ok i think iv got a fix in a way, look like that save file is corrupt, we went back to one of the other rolling save files and tested over about 5 games and not one problem.