• New 32 team World Cup- paltry prize money and TV money??

Reflection86
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: N/A Files Uploaded: Save Game

Hi all,

The prize money for the new 32 team Club World Cup is exactly the same as the old smaller format and hasn't been touched- £4m for the winners, £3m for the runners up, £2m for 3rd place and £1.6m for 4th place. Everyone else gets ZERO prize money for playing 3/4/5 games?

Also I received a total of £92,000 (LOL) in TV revenue for playing all 7 matches? There is no way the biggest clubs in Europe are going to play 7 matches in summer for less than £100k TV revenue and a max of £4m prize money. This has to be fixed ASAP as it makes it feel wildly unrealistic and pointless in-game

This cannot be correct as everything I have read indicates the tournament is going to be massively lucrative with huge TV and sponsorship deals. Exact figures may not yet be known but at least guestimate and make it more realistic than it is now?? Please see the following links

-United States to host expanded 32-team Club World Cup in 2025 - ESPN

This link estimates 'hundreds of millions of prize money for the clubs'. In game there is a total of £10.6m shared between just 4 teams, everyone else gets £0? Again, this is massively off.

Inter Milan likely to participate in 2025 Club World Cup (sempreinter.com)

This link estimates 100m euros in prize money for the winners! In game it's £4m for the winners which is ridiculous.

Explained: Which Premier League clubs will feature in expanded 32-team Club World Cup in 2025 | Goal.com UK

This link indicates each team will receive a minimum £25m just for taking part.

A 56 match tournament cannot generate just £10.6m in prize money for 4 clubs, while all other 28 teams get nothing, and less than £100k TV money! Every club participating should be receiving in the tens of millions in prize and TV money I would imagine.

I look forward to your response. Thanks!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, any update on this? Prize money and TV money for the new format still remains unrealistically low on the latest game update?

Edited by Reflection86