• Turkish second nationality = Foreign

IOA
    • Public Status: Need More Info Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

Evening all,

As per the title, I have a Norwegian player who has Turkish as his second nationality.

He has been playing as a “Turkish” player for 2 seasons in my Besiktas team, however he is now 21 and in his 3rd season with us and as we approach the start of the season I am unable to register him as “Turkish”, the game states he is “Foreign”.

I am unsure if its because the player is now 21, it is because of the most recent update, or another reason…

Oddly he is now also shown as a “HGN”, as he has played in Turkey for 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21.

Any ideas?

thanks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

perpetua

Posted (edited)

He was called up and was capped for Norway.

Players who have declared/debuted for a nation other than Turkey after 15 June 2015 do not count as a Turkish national in the Turkish league.

Non-Foreign, or rather Domestic, player rule in Turkey requires that the player is eligible to play for Turkey.  Those who made their choice prior to 15 June 2015 retained their rights to play as a domestic player but those who made such a choice after that date are not able to count as a domestic player.

So for example Emre Can, who debuted for Germany in September 2015, does not count as a domestic player in Turkey.  Same for Kerem Demirbay who debuted for Germany in June 2017.

However Ilkay Gundogan, who debuted for Germany in October 2011, can play in Turkey as a domestic player.

If it's the case that he was able to play as a domestic player as an U21, despite having won full caps for Norway, this is a bug that needs to be remedied.

Edited by perpetua