HurkaDurk69
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

I don't need to explain why in more details

Skrmbild2023-11-01075600.thumb.png.5140acede303f32a1986150a856f9c1e.png

Skrmbild2023-11-01075617.thumb.png.16ab6cba27c8e798a94763b4fa7d7d80.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

I've moved this across to our competition issues section as it would fall under that area. I don't know enough about the Swedish leagues myself, so what is it that is the issue here as it seems you are more knowledgeable in this area.

2 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

I've moved this across to our competition issues section as it would fall under that area. I don't know enough about the Swedish leagues myself, so what is it that is the issue here as it seems you are more knowledgeable in this area.

Teams are in the wrong groups.

AIK and Djurgården are Stockholm teams but they compete in the South division

Halmstad and Varberg are West/South teams that compete in the East division

Kalmar is a East Coast team but compete in the West

Malmö and Helsingborg are as South as teams can be, they would never be in West

Now, I am only saying it is wrong based on the names of the groups. It very well could be this IRL. But then I am certain that it wouldn't be east/west/north/south 

I'd like to back this issue up if nobody minds. I'm not from Sweden, and I'm not an expert on the Swedish league - but this is a league I'm interested in managing in on FM24.

I holidayed through the 2023 season, and then up until the U21 Allsvenskan teams were generated at the start of the 2024 season. I'm seeing very similar issues to @HurkaDurk69:

• The six northernmost teams (AIK, Degerfors, Djurgarden, Hammarby, Norrkoping and Skovde) were all assigned to the Sodra (South) division.
    • The next four northern teams (Hacken, GAIS, Elfsborg, Goteborg) were assigned to the Norra (North) division.
    • The six southernmost teams (Helsingborg, Kalmar, Landskrona, Malmo, Mjallby, Trelleborg) were assigned to the Mellersta (Central) division. In the vanilla game without any namefixes, this is called the West division, but Kalmar are on the east coast.
    • The other five southern teams went to the East division, but none of them can be classed as 'eastern' teams. Halmstad, Orgryte and Varberg are on the west coast. Varnamo and Oster are more central.

I made this Google Map to illustrate more clearly what is happening.

As far as I can tell, the structure of the U21 Allsvenskan in-game seems to work like it does in reality. The groupings themselves also make sense (e.g. we're not seeing teams from Stockholm and Malmo in the same regional division), but the divisons they have been assigned to do not.

I've uploaded two save files to the OwnCloud. CFuller_SwedishTest23.fm is from before the season changeover, and CFuller_SwedishTest24.fm is from after the season has changed over and the groups have been assigned. If you need anything else, please let me know.

14 minutes ago, CFuller said:

I'd like to back this issue up if nobody minds. I'm not from Sweden, and I'm not an expert on the Swedish league - but this is a league I'm interested in managing in on FM24.

I holidayed through the 2023 season, and then up until the U21 Allsvenskan teams were generated at the start of the 2024 season. I'm seeing very similar issues to @HurkaDurk69:

• The six northernmost teams (AIK, Degerfors, Djurgarden, Hammarby, Norrkoping and Skovde) were all assigned to the Sodra (South) division.
    • The next four northern teams (Hacken, GAIS, Elfsborg, Goteborg) were assigned to the Norra (North) division.
    • The six southernmost teams (Helsingborg, Kalmar, Landskrona, Malmo, Mjallby, Trelleborg) were assigned to the Mellersta (Central) division. In the vanilla game without any namefixes, this is called the West division, but Kalmar are on the east coast.
    • The other five southern teams went to the East division, but none of them can be classed as 'eastern' teams. Halmstad, Orgryte and Varberg are on the west coast. Varnamo and Oster are more central.

I made this Google Map to illustrate more clearly what is happening.

As far as I can tell, the structure of the U21 Allsvenskan in-game seems to work like it does in reality. The groupings themselves also make sense (e.g. we're not seeing teams from Stockholm and Malmo in the same regional division), but the divisons they have been assigned to do not.

I've uploaded two save files to the OwnCloud. CFuller_SwedishTest23.fm is from before the season changeover, and CFuller_SwedishTest24.fm is from after the season has changed over and the groups have been assigned. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thank you for a better representation of the problem, even as a Sweden I didn't even know that it is actually Mellersta instead of Väst :idiot: Shows how much I pay attention to youth football

4 minutes ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Thank you for a better representation of the problem, even as a Sweden I didn't even know that it is actually Mellersta instead of Väst :idiot: Shows how much I pay attention to youth football

No, I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be North, South, East and West in real life (appears they changed it from North, South and Central this year). It's just that my namefix calls it the Central division instead of the West division.