• Fatal Rule Mistakes in the J-League

act19
    • Public Status: Known Issue Save Game: ラボ FM - 無所属1.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Hi, we as Japanese welcome J-League to be officially carried on FM.
    However, there is an issue that we would like to see addressed in a hurry.

FM24 MATCH RULES for J1league

>The match squad must have at least 4 players trained by the club

NO.

It is only required that 4 HG players be registered on the team at the start of the season, not that 4 HG players must be registered to play in every game.

Because of this, we have to play league matches with a small bench. It is very stressful.

Below are the actual rules for the J1 League in 2023.

>All J1 club teams must have at least 4 homegrown players registered as of the end of the first registration window of the season in question

>If a J1 Club team fails to register the number of home-grown players specified in the preceding paragraph as of the counting record date, the number of players that the team may register for the following season shall be reduced by less than four.

>J2 and J3: Two HG players

The Japanese FM community is quite upset about this mistake, and it is becoming a major complaint, along with the fact that there are only a few player photos.
    Users in the Far East are disappointed by the lack of improvement even after the beta period, despite the much publicized announcement of the license.

Please resolve the issue as soon as possible.

screenshot.869.jpg

screenshot.870.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We're aware of the issues you've raised and are looking to implement some changes soon. 

While the Early Access stage was useful in terms of gathering feedback and logging bugs, it doesn't guarantee that anything raised during that period would be resolved for launch I'm afraid. 

7 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

We're aware of the issues you've raised and are looking to implement some changes soon. 

While the Early Access stage was useful in terms of gathering feedback and logging bugs, it doesn't guarantee that anything raised during that period would be resolved for launch I'm afraid. 

Thank you for the update, but it's a little concerning that this couldn't be fixed during early access. It's a clear mistake with the competition rules and not something that's up to interpretation. Is there any indication of when this will be fixed? It makes starting a J.League save difficult when the rules are so wrong, and I basically just bought FM24 for the J.League, as I'm sure many people did. Thank you 

@MarcPTFC it is on the top of the priority list and in the meantime I have reached out to the Japanese community with a editor file that corrects this issue for the folks on PC, until the update is out. the second issue you mentioned are youth players. also added to the priority list is the U22 player rule and when that gets tested and added I would presume will also come through an update

I'm surprised it wasn't in the latest update. After all the publicity around the J League in FM24, it is almost unplayable. It's the small details that make the difference

On 15/11/2023 at 10:02, Robbles Quin ®™ said:

@MarcPTFC it is on the top of the priority list and in the meantime I have reached out to the Japanese community with a editor file that corrects this issue for the folks on PC, until the update is out. the second issue you mentioned are youth players. also added to the priority list is the U22 player rule and when that gets tested and added I would presume will also come through an update

Is it possible to get that editor file if not part of the Japanese community? Would an update fix the issue for existing saves or would a new save be required?

6 hours ago, jonin said:

Is it possible to get that editor file if not part of the Japanese community? Would an update fix the issue for existing saves or would a new save be required?

it is on the editor hideaway, would require a new save since it changes competition rules.