• U21 Premier Division- can't play ANY foreign players- even u21s!

Reflection86
    • Public Status: Resolved Save Game: balogunsa232 (v02).fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Hi, is the u21 Premier Division new rule working as intended??

The rules state 'no foreign players not registered for the first team in the match squad'. This can't be correct surely? I would have thought it works the same way as the actual Premier League, whereby u21 players are all eligible.  How can an 18/19/20yo foreigner be allowed to play in the Premier League without being registered, but not the u21 league?

It seems ridiculous that I have an u21 squad with like 10 foreign kids, and none can play ANY games for my u21s. This isn't the case in real life as u21 premier league sides are full of foreign kids?? This will surely affect the development of youth when playing in England and must be a bug??

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just to add, the U21 Premier Division Cup and U21 international cup have the same issue, no u21 foreign players at all are allowed to play unless registered in the first team squad!

Also just checked Scotland and the same issue is present in their reserve league- no foreign players at all are allowed to play, unless registered in the first team squad. Yet, again, u21 foreigners can play in the SPL without being registered, but not in the reserve league. More of an issue in England though as these are actual u21 teams, and u21s can't play!

Edited by Reflection86

Yes i also have the exact same problem with my save from FM23 when playing on FM24 and it says so in the rules after the saves change from 23 to 24

FM24 RULES.png

Edited by Alan Mc