• Argentinian Champions still not working

dpt8544
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

You have been made aware of the issues during alpha and beta testing phase regarding the champions of the Argentinian Premier Division and the League Cup not correctly recording. Currently, the only team being crowned champion is the team that tops the overall table, which is completely not how it works in reality. The fact that this has not been fixed for the full release is absolutely outrageous. For a nation playable in the default game to be completely broken and unplayable is not good enough. Now I cannot play the save I was looking forward to until this is fixed. Not to mention there are other problems with Argentinian competitions which you also have been made aware of and also failed to correct. The Argentinian Cup uses the wrong teams (see previous bug report: Copa Argentina format). Additionally, the second division relegation playoff was suspended in 2023 to allow the expansion of the second division to 38 teams total. Please fix ASAP or I will be forced to refund the game and leave a negative review, something I have never felt the need to do before.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The trofeo de campeones also is no longer played for some reason? I have seen no evidence of the competition discontinuing in real life? If there is. then ignore this comment, otherwise, please fix this as well. 

• Administrators

The issue regarding the Champions is one we'll look to implement during an upcoming update. We're still awaiting further clarification regarding the second division and how it will work in subsequent seasons before we can safely include this without risk of knock on effects in longer term saves. 

While the Early Access stage was useful to gather feedback and get a jump start on logging bugs in certain areas, it was by no means a guarentee that it would be resolved for launch I'm afraid.

I understand that some bugs will persist even onto the full release in a game as large and unwieldy as Football Manager. However, you seriously need to look at how you prioritize what you focus on. This issue renders an entire nation in the game completely unplayable, it's ludicrous that any respectable game developer would allow such an issue to exist in an official launch. You have nearly 300 people working at that studio, what are they actually doing? It is ridiculous you would treat paying customers this way.

On 08/11/2023 at 01:12, Kyle Brown said:

The issue regarding the Champions is one we'll look to implement during an upcoming update. We're still awaiting further clarification regarding the second division and how it will work in subsequent seasons before we can safely include this without risk of knock on effects in longer term saves. 

While the Early Access stage was useful to gather feedback and get a jump start on logging bugs in certain areas, it was by no means a guarentee that it would be resolved for launch I'm afraid.

@Kyle Brown When is this gamebreaking mistake getting fixed? No mention of it from update posts. This is totally unacceptable

On 14/11/2023 at 04:51, dpt8544 said:

Hello mate, i love playing in the Argentine League, atm can i ask you the following:

1 - Does this issue with history recording affect the correct teams playing in Libertadores etc?

2 - Does it resolve itself after 'x' amount of seasons?

3 - Does it affect board/supporter happiness?

4 - Is the League hard coded to change in any drastic fashion to match any future changes irl?

19 hours ago, bestbrother said:

Hello mate, i love playing in the Argentine League, atm can i ask you the following:

1 - Does this issue with history recording affect the correct teams playing in Libertadores etc?

2 - Does it resolve itself after 'x' amount of seasons?

3 - Does it affect board/supporter happiness?

4 - Is the League hard coded to change in any drastic fashion to match any future changes irl?

1. The teams playing in the Libertadores etc. are correct
    2. The issue does NOT resolve itself ever
    3. It DOES affect board/supporter happiness
    4. There are no hard coded changes

There is still an issue: the Liga Profesional current holders change when another team wins the Copa de la Liga. History is right, just the current holders information that is bugged.