• Negative transfer budget business model

D-Foxx
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

The board expectations are to sell players in order to fund incoming transfers.

I've created more income by selling players and only invested half of that money to purchase new players. Yet the board is disappointed.

See files attached.

fm24-1.png

fm24-2.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

36 minutes ago, Russell Hammant said:

Hi @D-Foxx

Thanks for raising this, can you upload a save with the issue showing? Open the link below and you'll be able to upload your save - if you could let me know when you've done that and the name of the save that would be great.

https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Thanks,
    Russell

Hi Russel,

I've uploaded the file, it's named "FC Twente 4-3-3 RRD"

I don't know why this issue has the status "resolved". I'm in my third season at RKC Waalwijk (again a dutch club - i'm seeing a pattern here)

And it's still going on .. 

image.png.cac52321c10b76e4819c9464c19eb977.png

My transfers in the current season. I've had a possitive balance for 3 years now. 

image.thumb.png.a9346f4bfa42ef74965f47b44d86148c.png

On 05/02/2024 at 15:16, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @D-Foxx @Drikcey75 @holmesy1811

We've not been able to reproduce this internally.

Do you have a save file showing this?

Same problem here. Uploaded my save.  "The Save 24.fm" - 520 MB

Edit: Unrelated, but my board won't give me any wages when offering me a new contract, despite getting promoted to the Eredivisie.

Edit2: And I keep getting the message "Board has relinquished control of player sales", no matte what my transfer budget is. Also, when getting promoted they rewarded me with -600,000 transfer budget, despite the budget being in plus when the promotion was confirmed.

I am using three custom databases from Steam though:

• Belgium (5) by Riddler's Basic Version
    • Netherlands (D10)
    • Portugal (5) by Riddler's Basic Version
    Edited by vgr
    Thought I'd post some of my other issues

After the Winter Update, I started a new save with a Dutch team in 2nd division.  After the first seasons, I have a positive transfer budget, not over wage budget, no debt, just got promoted to Eredivisie and finance projections are to be in the positive (graph shows it increasing for next 5 years).  And yet, the team mandated a negative transfer budget model.

I realize this is a feature now but why it is always 100% for the Dutch league teams (and maybe Belgium too?)...it isn't fun.  It's not fun to ruin a save by having this implemented every time I get through a season.  This is my 3rd attempt at a Dutch league save, which is my normal go to for long term save but this is absolutely killing my enjoyment of the game.  I only have 400 hours in FM24 when I normally have 1000 by now.  I want to be hyped for FM25 but I don't care how flashy it might look if the core game doesn't work.

On 10/03/2024 at 20:48, Rakive said:

After the Winter Update, I started a new save with a Dutch team in 2nd division.  After the first seasons, I have a positive transfer budget, not over wage budget, no debt, just got promoted to Eredivisie and finance projections are to be in the positive (graph shows it increasing for next 5 years).  And yet, the team mandated a negative transfer budget model.

I realize this is a feature now but why it is always 100% for the Dutch league teams (and maybe Belgium too?)...it isn't fun.  It's not fun to ruin a save by having this implemented every time I get through a season.  This is my 3rd attempt at a Dutch league save, which is my normal go to for long term save but this is absolutely killing my enjoyment of the game.  I only have 400 hours in FM24 when I normally have 1000 by now.  I want to be hyped for FM25 but I don't care how flashy it might look if the core game doesn't work.

Totally agree. Incomprehensible that this bug still exists. (or future, I dont know) All the fun is gone with those teams. I am playing with Ajax, had 110M transfer budget, 187M on the bank, the moment I was champion, budget of -13M.

There is no fun playing with the knowlegde that you have to sell each year players because of this.

• SI Staff

Hello @Znight

This issue has been resolved. Basically what you need to look out for is the 'Recoup Transfer Funds' club vision, if that has been removed you should no longer get a negative transfer budget.

If it hasn't yet then it's possible you can still get a negative transfer budget, which is intended behaviour. If your finances remain strong the club vision should disappear and then level out in the future.

17 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @Znight

This issue has been resolved. Basically what you need to look out for is the 'Recoup Transfer Funds' club vision, if that has been removed you should no longer get a negative transfer budget.

If it hasn't yet then it's possible you can still get a negative transfer budget, which is intended behaviour. If your finances remain strong the club vision should disappear and then level out in the future.

Thank you for your quick response and my apologies. I didn't know that it could go away after some seasons. I will test it some more seasons.