• Develop players using the club's youth system (club has no academy)

JAwtunes
    • Public Status: Need More Info Save Game: 231221_s4.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

I am playing as a club that doesn't have a youth academy.  I am about to start the fifth season and the board have now proposed a new objective to develop players using our youth system.  Obviously this isnt possible, and I am still being told that our finances are not good enough to create a youth academy.

I would like to raise 3 points:

1) the fact that the board is proposing an objective that is impossible to meet, unless they actually grant my requests, which they are still unwilling to do

2) why does a semi-pro club need to have over £100k in the bank before starting even a basic youth academy? this has always seemed excessive, considering a basic academy at a small (low rep) club would cost just a few thousand per year in-game (my club currently has £154k in the bank).

3) why do clubs without youth academies still have youth facilities (i.e. dedicated facilities for their youth academy players)?  Surely youth recruitment, coaching and facilities should all be non-existent in most cases.  I appreciate that there are examples of clubs temporarily closing their academies, so the infrastructure would (presumably) remain, but I can't imagine that is the case for the many small clubs in the database.

image.thumb.png.110ac3a79b3f4817883bc36457d92b5e.png

image.png.e179ec87ab5b5d26d4c9969e4ad0d34c.png

image.thumb.png.ee5185e97bbcce3c3503b20e0ba1b303.png

image.png.736a5c31d816cf804689f4f09d1d1a98.png

Spoiler

FM22 youth spends at small Indonesian club, for context

image.png.d2bfc3d571f29f895f7839c1b7f73cc9.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments