• Best youth system in country?

nms1987
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Ze Porto - Huelva 2039.05.27.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

I have mad my training and youth facilities, as well as youth coaching and recruitment, maxed out for several years now.  I think I have the most players from my country playing first tier football in Europe.  I know I am in the top couple in all of Europe in terms of producing first tier footballers, last time I got an email about that (I don't see a way to look that stat up without getting that email?).  

And yet I still failed my goal of "develop best youth system in country".  I see others have had similar experiences, is this a bug, or no?  I can provide save files of course but I'm not sure from when you might want them.  Save Ze Porto - Huelva 2039.05.27.fm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

There is a way to see your youth progress, if you click the globe in top right, click 'world', under 'club' click 'lists' then change drop down to required info like in the screenshots below.

We can look into your save to see if this is failing incorrectly or not.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 175643.png

Screenshot 2024-05-09 175624.png

Thanks @Zachary Whyte, that's a very very cool feature I didn't know about.

In this save (granted, a few months afterwards now) I appear to be tied with 3 other clubs for best in country with 4.5 stars.  My "superb" youth facilities are only 4 stars, while Real Sociedad's "superb" youth facilities are 4.5 stars.  I am a close 2nd in graduates in La Liga (22 vs Athletic Club's 24), and in top division graduates (Atletico Madrid 30 top division graduates to my 29).

The Real Sociedad 4.5 vs my 4 star youth facilities when both are superb is strange.  I can't upgrade mine any further (and I don't think its a board thing, I'm "rich" and owner "loves the club")

I could see a case where I'm not THE top academy in the country I guess but I'm pretty clearly one of the top academies in the country.  Not sure if that's a bug or not, how the game is defining "best" in a pretty close race.  At the very least probably should be a middle ground between "failed" and "passed" for something like this