• Phantom, secret B team games against weird little teams from all over

nms1987
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.12.20.fm, Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.09.05.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.12.20.fm is when I noticed the problem below, Ze Porto - Huelva 2038.09.05.fm is from a week before the first phantom B team game happens...

In the past I've been frustrated when I will have friendlies auto-scheduled for my B team (or even main team), even if I selected to not let friendlies be scheduled for me.  But those games would at least show up in the schedule, even I wasn't able to cancel them (also aggravating).

Now I have a somewhat different issue.  My Spanish B team (which is just so annoyingly useless, they've just sat there as a friendlies-only team for decades now, I really hate my FM can't make B teams matter) is playing hidden games against random teams in Nigeria, Congo, Bosnia and Germany.  I have not scheduled these games, and they do not show up on B team fixtures.

If you go to my B team fixtures you will see the last played game was a friendly against Porto B 24/10/38.  But click on a player, like GK Daniel Simon, and go to his form and you'll see a host of games (starting in September) that he has played against those random teams as well as the games he played in that I actually scheduled and are visible on the fixtures game.

I noticed this when an U19 player (Dumpierrez) showed up with fatigue issues.  I couldn't figure out how that was possible, then I looked at his form and noticed him playing in all these extra games.  He is an especially weird situation I think because he is assigned to u19 and not B, he is in my u19 starting line up.  He has not been made available for B team minutes.  But he has actually not played any games with the u19s, and has only played B team friendlies.  If you select him and go to Squad the options are "move to A team" or "move to B team," which tells me he is on u19.  But if you select "Available for u19" you'll see he has somehow been marked unavailable for u19s.  I know I did not select this.

Completely bizarre situation.  Prayers for real, useful B teams in FM25!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hi @nms1987

What is happening is that your B team is currently in a very low league that is essentially 'hidden' in the database, that's why you can't see the fixture list but they still do play the games, they're not phantom games just not fully detailed. 

If your B team was to get promoted enough times they will eventually appear in a league that will be recognised by the database and therefore fixtures will be shown.

Best advice would be to make sure your B team has a strong enough squad to get those promotions needed. 

My Spanish B team plays in a league against clubs in Nigeria, Congo, Germany and Bosnia?  Do you see that its kind of an issue if my players are getting fatigued from games that I don't know they are playing?  How does this affect training?  After all I have no idea when these games happen, so I'm probably scheduling training on those days... are my training sessions getting cancelled to play these fake games?

On 26/04/2024 at 15:48, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi @nms1987

What is happening is that your B team is currently in a very low league that is essentially 'hidden' in the database, that's why you can't see the fixture list but they still do play the games, they're not phantom games just not fully detailed. 

If your B team was to get promoted enough times they will eventually appear in a league that will be recognised by the database and therefore fixtures will be shown.

Best advice would be to make sure your B team has a strong enough squad to get those promotions needed. 

Hey Zachary, I was hoping I could get some clarification on this issue.

Are the games against teams in Nigeria, Bosnia, Germany and Congo the league games my Spanish B team plays, or something else?  What is the best method for managing training and game workloads when I am not able to know when the games happen?  I have had several of my B teamers hitting extreme fatigue or getting injured because I have a big week of training and a friendly match scheduled, without knowing when my B team might have a secret game against a Congolese side.   Additionally, as you can see in my provided save, a few of these guys getting worn out on B team duty aren't even supposed to be available for the B team.  They are on the u19s, with no B or A team availability granted.  Any idea what gives?  

Edited by nms1987